Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Applying for University in America watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I'm really interested in studying for my degree in America. However, I know there's a lot of procedures such as SAT's and Visa's to go through so I was wondering if anyone had a kind of overview of what you can expect to go through?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Firstly you need to take the SATs and SAT subject tests, but some colleges have different requirements of what SAT subjects they want. So you'll need to check the websites of the colleges you are considering. It is good to take the SATs early so you can retake them if you are not happy with your score.

ReputationRep:
    Applying to America is a long and complex process that requires a lot of time and effort - however, it's well worth it in the end, since American unis are awesome! There's a rough overview here to give you an idea - that site also has pages that go into more detail on all the different parts of the process. Just ask if you have further questions!

ReputationRep:
    Another nice website is here. I think it's best for finding which unis to apply for. You can search for them based on location, SAT scores, size, cost, and such, to preclude you from having to go through each university's webpage. As an American, I remember using it a lot when trying to decide where to go for my undergraduate! And it looks like they have a nice section for international students as well, which gives the process to go through to take exams and apply for a visa.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.