Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel AS Chemistry worksheet for calculations on no. atoms, molecules, ions, etc Watch

ReputationRep:
    fe
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Lunch_Box)
    Hi, does anyone know where I can find some worksheets for calculations on working out the number of atoms, molecules, ions, etc... which involve the use of the Avogadro constant (L)?

Please quote so I can see.

Thanks in advance.
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charco)
    yes
    ??
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Lunch_Box)
    ??
    1) The mass of one proton is 1.6725 x 10-24 g. Calculate the mass of one mole of 1H+ ions given that the Avogadro constant = 6.0225 x 1023.

2) The mass of one atom of 19F is 3.1546 x 10-23 g. Use this and the Avogadro constant (6.0225 x 1023) to find the mass of one mole of 19F atoms.

3) The mass of one mole of 127I atoms is 126.9045 g. Given that the Avogadro constant equals 6.0225 x 1023 and the mass of one electron equals 9.1091 x 10-28 g, calculate the mass of one mole of 127I- ions.

4) a) Calculate the Avogadro constant given that the mass of one mole of 12C atoms is 12.000 g while the mass of one 12C atom is 1.9925 x 10-23 g.

b) The relative atomic mass of carbon is 12.011 and not 12.000. Explain this difference.

5) Calculate the expected mass of one mole of a particles (4He2+ ions) given that the mass of one proton is 1.6725 x 10-24 g, the mass of one neutron is 1.6748 x 10-24 g and the Avogadro constant is 6.0225 x 1023.

6) a) The mass of one mole of 27Al atoms is 26.9185 g. Given that the Avogadro constant equals 6.0225 x 1023 and the mass of one electron equals 9.1091 x 10-28 g, calculate the mass of one mole of 27Al3+ ions.

b) Calculate the percentage difference between the mass of 27Al atoms and 27Al3+ ions, and use this to show why the mass of electrons are negligible in normal laboratory use of aluminium and other chemicals.

Taken from www.chemsheets.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charco)
    Thank you!

It's a shame the rest of the site is subscription based!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me where I can find the answers to this worksheet

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.