Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would like some advice about how to reduce love-handles and lower back fat considerably over the next couple of months that summer is approaching. I thought now would be a good time to start a work out. What exercises/diet should I have? How long will it take to see results? Any advice will be strongly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    MyFitnessPal.com is a great resource. Use it to log calories eaten and exercise done, and you should soon get an idea of what works for you. The basic idea is if you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose fat. It's that simple .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah.102)
    I would like some advice about how to reduce love-handles and lower back fat considerably over the next couple of months that summer is approaching. I thought now would be a good time to start a work out. What exercises/diet should I have? How long will it take to see results? Any advice will be strongly appreciated.
    First off, read the FAQ and stickies. There's a tonne of advice for exactly this type of thing.

Basically you need to burn more calories than you consume and reduce body fat overall (you can't only reduce fat on your back).

ReputationRep:
    High calories and very high cardio is the best way imo.

ReputationRep:
    MyFitnessPal has hugely helped me in losing fat - using it, I've lost 15lb in about two months. I've still got some way to go, but I'm confident that I'll get there using MFP.

If I were you OP, I'd first get into the habit of using MFP, as simply lowering your calorie consumption can be a very straightforward way of losing weight and MFP can help to make you healthier as well as slimmer, before looking into forms of cardio to help you to lose more fat and develop a more fit and good-looking body. I'm not a fitness or nutrition expert, though, so I am speaking rather anecdotally here...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.