Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've had about 5 cups of tea I just can't get enough, it's hard for me to concentrate without having a cup of tea

ReputationRep:
    gateway drug?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MUN123)
    I've had about 5 cups of tea I just can't get enough, it's hard for me to concentrate without having a cup of tea
    You're not alone in this...

ReputationRep:
    Well, there are certainly worse things to be addicted to.

ReputationRep:
    I assure you, it is quite alright I consume about 10 a day! But then, I have also wondered if I have a problem, as I agree with you in that I cannot work unless there is a cup of that gods' nectar within arms' reach! Though, it might be worth drinking red bush tea because sometimes there is no caffeine, so it won't make you all hyper and crazy. :K:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edithwashere)
    gateway drug?
    No

ReputationRep:
    Me you both, sister

ReputationRep:
    Putting the kettle on has become instinctive :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Tea addiction is very normal thing now because so many people need it for just relaxation...

ReputationRep:
    Yep if youre addicted so am i reminds me teas getting cold

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep I addicted to tea as well I tend to have about 10+ on the weekend when I am on my own, think I going to make another one now think I'm on my 6th one of the day now (lost count), I do tend to drink more coffee at work because the tea out of the machine is rank and the coffee is only slightly better. Some times will have a proper one with lunch but it can depend

I currently have 3 types of tea, I have Yorky, English Breaky and Earl Grey to choose from to drink, I generally have the Earl Grey in the morning and alternate between the other two after work and during the day on weekends

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd try to break that if I were you.
    I don't need to tell you that too much caffeine is bad for you.
    But Tea contains tannins which can bind to iron and inhibit absorption so you could end up with iron deficiency. I would say 3 cups a day is the limit.
    Although I guess you could eat foods that increase iron absorption, but it's just easier to cut down on the tea.

Now I want some tea. :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittyb99)
    I assure you, it is quite alright I consume about 10 a day! But then, I have also wondered if I have a problem, as I agree with you in that I cannot work unless there is a cup of that gods' nectar within arms' reach! Though, it might be worth drinking red bush tea because sometimes there is no caffeine, so it won't make you all hyper and crazy. :K:
    10 a day loooooooool

Do you add sugar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    10 a day loooooooool

Do you add sugar?
    Thankfully not! My teeth would have fallen out I do add rather a lot of milk though- about a third of the cup

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.