Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do I always end up with men who hurt me? Watch

...............because I let them?

Why do I let them?

------------because I have no self worth?

How do I attract them in the first place?

...............I must subconsciously go for them?

So, everytime I date a guy, he will end up treating me like crap and I am not sure why. I want it to stop. I am pretty, intelligent, funny and kind. I will go to great lengths to make whoever I am dating happy. I can be insecure and clingy and I know guys don't like this. Yet I still don't see how this justifies all my exes behaviour towards me. I have always been patient, kind, caring and loyal towards all my exes. Yet all of them turned out to be angry, violent, verbally abusive and ended up ignoring me or stopped caring for me.

Is there something wrong with me? Are there certain girls out there who will somehow NEVER end up in this position due to something they have that I don't? Help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ...............because I let them?

Why do I let them?

------------because I have no self worth?

How do I attract them in the first place?

...............I must subconsciously go for them?

So, everytime I date a guy, he will end up treating me like crap and I am not sure why. I want it to stop. I am pretty, intelligent, funny and kind. I will go to great lengths to make whoever I am dating happy. I can be insecure and clingy and I know guys don't like this. Yet I still don't see how this justifies all my exes behaviour towards me. I have always been patient, kind, caring and loyal towards all my exes. Yet all of them turned out to be angry, violent, verbally abusive and ended up ignoring me or stopped caring for me.

Is there something wrong with me? Are there certain girls out there who will somehow NEVER end up in this position due to something they have that I don't? Help
    You are expecting too much and do exaggerate of what you are get i am suspect?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like there's nothing wrong with you and plenty wrong with the *******s you've been going out with.

TSR isn't the best place to ask your question though. Nobody here knows you. You're best asking a friend.

ReputationRep:
    Try going for a different type of guy?

ReputationRep:
    Learn how to be really happy single first so you don't look for validation in a guy.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like u pick up the signals that the guy is a jerk to late in time?

ReputationRep:
    Relationships are trial and error, you learn from your experiences and you know what to avoid next time

ReputationRep:
    You sound like me! I blame myself, I feel like I'm the common denominator so it must be me - but when you look at all your qualities, you know you're a good person and don't deserve this. Subconsciously, you both attract and are attracted to domineering, self-centred, cruel people - the important thing to remember is it's not just you (there is clearly something in your psychology attracting you to these types, but that's something pretty hard to discover!), but those kind of unpleasant people are also honing in on you because you're kind, caring, generous, as you can feed their ego. They take advantage of your nature. I don't really know how to fix the problem, as it seems virtually impossible to alter who you're attracted to - just look out early on for the warning signs of an abusive partner.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.