Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So hello potential medics/student roomers, i have recently got my 4th and final rejection for medicine (exeter,barts,soton,bristol w interview). I am in year 13 down in the south west and in 2 months will have finished my a-levels. I am unsure of what to do next year as i can now not go to uni, do i try again for medicine or try for the equally stimulating dentistry course. I am predicted A*AA (maths,chem,bio) and can safely say that i will get AAA if i work how i am atm (touch wood/i hope). The questions i would like to ask are..

is there anyone in a similar situation to me?
    is dentistry as competitive as medicine?
    would my grades take me to dental school?
    what are the perks of dentistry over medicine?
    what is the usual applicant profile for a succesful dental applicant?
    would i be in a worse position as a re-applicant?

If there is anyone who can relate to me, or give me advice, i would be very grateful

George

ReputationRep:
    if anything dentistry is more competitive than medicine, a similar number of applicants for much fewer places. perks over medicine are similar if not more pay for much less work and more friendly and sociable hours.

ReputationRep:
    Medicine is a much more flexible degree to have.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.