Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm beginning to think that it sucks being a guy.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    ....reading the posts on this forum. Does it suck that much being a 18-25 year old guy? Is it fair to say that most women in their youth are happier and less lonely than men in their youth and have access to more support?

Is it still guys who have the better lives or has the decline of masculinity in the media, in industry, in retail, in the classroom, etc contributed to making mens lives more miserable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by datpiff)
    ....reading the posts on this forum. Does it suck that much being a 18-25 year old guy? Is it fair to say that most women in their youth are happier than men in their youth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not at all. The grass is always greener on the other side.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I wouldn't want to be a guy, simply because I'm a woman.

But do not fear, do not repent of your penis: You do not bleed for a week every month. Be grateful for your penis.

ReputationRep:
    What?

These things make being a guy better than being a girl:
    - Pissing while standing (underated)
    - No periods
    - No pregnancy

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want to be a guy, but I think both genders have their own downsides. For instance, we get lady pains

ReputationRep:
    I'd say definitely not. But do you mean any specific aspects?
    (Tbh I don't think it's bad from any angle.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamie092)
    What?

These things make being a guy better than being a girl:
    - Pissing while standing (underated)
    - No periods
    - No pregnancy
    The awkward moment when your a girl and you can piss standing up......

(Severe hatred of public toilet seats, many years practice)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    I wouldn't want to be a guy, simply because I'm a woman.

But do not fear, do not repent of your penis: You do not bleed for a week every month. Be grateful for your penis.
    I struggle to trust anything that bleeds for a week and doesn't die :sly:

But srsly, there's pros and cons for each :holmes: I enjoy the ability to grow a manly beard, not so much the extortionate car insurance :erm:

ReputationRep:
    ....reading the posts on this forum. Does it suck that much being a 18-25 year old guy? Is it fair to say that most women in their youth are happier and less lonely than men in their youth and have access to more support?

Is it still guys who have the better lives or has the decline of masculinity in the media, in industry, in retail, in the classroom, etc contributed to making mens lives more miserable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup, definitely.

The thing about being a man, however, is that you should - in principle - not need these things. Women need emotional support because they are weak.

They have happier youth, but at the end of the day, they are women and we all know this is a man's world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)

But srsly, there's pros and cons for each :holmes: I enjoy the ability to grow a manly beard, not so much the extortionate car insurance :erm:
    That's a good thing though. You can can get dressed and run out of the house when you've just woken up when you're in a rush. No putting on makeup, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Yup, definitely.

The thing about being a man, however, is that you should - in principle - not need these things. Women need emotional support because they are weak.

They have happier youth, but at the end of the day, they are women and we all know this is a man's world.
    Maybe it's more noticeable now because youth is longer than it was back in our parents day? We're dependants and considered young people for longer.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy your youth while you have it, don't blame boredom for gender
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Artymess)

You shouldn't trust us. We're all not-so-secretly planning to take over the whole world. :cool:

I agree. I enjoy the huge variety of clothes and makeup. I don't enjoy rag week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Yup, definitely.

Inb4 female ****storm for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)

I agree. I enjoy the huge variety of clothes and makeup. I don't enjoy rag week.
    Putting it on is a pain in the balls though I bet :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beepidybeep)
    Inb4 female ****storm for this.
    Maggie Thatcher sure wasn't weak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Putting it on is a pain in the balls though I bet :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can be if you're in a rush. But otherwise, it can be kinda fun.

But then again, you lot can grow moustaches. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Maggie Thatcher sure wasn't weak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree, but Maggie Thatcher was pretty exceptional on more than one account. To get to where she was as a woman, you had to be exceptional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kunoichi)
    The awkward moment when your a girl and you can piss standing up......

(Severe hatred of public toilet seats, many years practice)
    Lol I would hate sitting on public toilets so don't blame them for finding a way not to!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mastermind007)
    Not really. I don't want to be a guy and never will!
    I think there are good and bad sides to both, for example don't envy childbirth, the 'time of the month' or the harassment women get on nights out. I've never really thought whether things would be much different if i were female, as i'm fine how I am.

ReputationRep:
    That's a good thing though. You can can get dressed and run out of the house when you've just woken up when you're in a rush. No putting on makeup, etc..
    I'm a girl and I still do that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.