The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jwf13
I'm waiting for nine, I did Science last year and Maths in March. I resat maths this June but I already passed and have definitely got lower this time so I'm not too bothered about that one. It doesn't help that most of my friends went on an outward bounds/social project thing for 4 weeks so I've had a lot more time to think about results... Which subjects did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm waiting for 10. I finished maths in March and I did a DT in year nine :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jwf13
I'm waiting for nine, I did Science last year and Maths in March. I resat maths this June but I already passed and have definitely got lower this time so I'm not too bothered about that one. It doesn't help that most of my friends went on an outward bounds/social project thing for 4 weeks so I've had a lot more time to think about results... Which subjects did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, you'll have to let me know how you did :smile:

I did English Lit, English, Maths, Triple Science, French, Spanish, RS and History, what about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2
To be honest if you just say to yourself "there's nothing I can do now, forget about it!" and you realize that's the exact truth it's quite easy to not stress about it :smile:

I'll try to think that then! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1983
Good luck all, I was in your position last year :smile:
Good luck to everyone with their results!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:
Original post by Jatz07
Well guys, imagine this time in 2 weeks thinking of Results Day...

Anyone interested in dentistry on this thread?? I want to become a dental/oral surgeon...

If you're doing dentistry... what A-levels are you doing??
My A-levels: Biology, Chemistry, History, Maths + Extended Project

Additionally, I did not want to do physics at a-level because firstly it's not required as compulsory for a-level and secondly I think I have a better chance of getting an A* or A at A-level history alongside biology, chemistry, maths

I might base my extended project on perhaps periodontal disease or gingivitis... as amalgam fillings are too common plus I'm not thinking of orthodontics..

Jatz

I'm doing Dentistry too! My a-level choices are: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and French. One of my teachers recommended I do Physics instead of French, but to be honest, I want to show a bit of versatility...
Finally a discussion page! I am terrified for my results if i fail then i seriously don't know what i will do with myself.I am waiting on 13 results some are half but i suppose it all adds up.I think i am mostly scared for my science as that's probably my weakest of all my subjects! good luck to everyone.
Original post by LewisC
What form were u in? And what's your name if u don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

His name was Mr Campbell (just found it on my letter).
Hey, I was just wondering in one of my GCSE Irish Controlled assessments i wrote down the wrong centre number, I wrote a 2 instead of a 9 at the end of it :confused: i told my teacher the next day and he started to wind me up saying don't worry you might just scrape a C, I know he was only joking but do you think the department would have changed it? They told me they seen the mistake. The school name is on the assessment as well, do you think it will matter I'm just really worried :frown: thanks
Original post by Jatz07
That's great to hear, :smile:

Exactly the same!! My teacher goes pick all 3 sciences and maths but as you said I wanted to show versatility... also there are so many people who are going to do all 3 sciences so it's excellent to show we're well rounded and stand out...

how did your gcse exams go??

Are you nervous for results day?
Have you thought of any universities?

I'm thinking... Barts , King's, Liverpool or Bristol

Jatz

Yeah isn't it! I was looking at entry requirements for some universities and several said they welcomed applicants who had a humanity / non sciency subject as one of their subjects.

I thought my exams went alright... I'm trying to prepare for the worst, yet hope for the best :smile: And I am extremely nervous for results day. I have no idea what to expect, or whether or not I should open my results in private or in front of friends :frown: I'm also thinking Barts and Kings, but I haven't really looked deeply into any others.
Original post by Jatz07

how did your gcse exams go??

Are you nervous for results day?

Jatz

I forgot to ask about how your exams went too!
Original post by Bethany96
Finally a discussion page! I am terrified for my results if i fail then i seriously don't know what i will do with myself.I am waiting on 13 results some are half but i suppose it all adds up.I think i am mostly scared for my science as that's probably my weakest of all my subjects! good luck to everyone.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly_xox

Thank you :-) you too! how do you think your exams went?
Is anyone expecting their history results?
Original post by elixirs
Ah good to hear, I'm assuming you're in year 10? If so you always have a second shot next year:tongue:

Thanks, good luck on Results Day! Hope you get the grades needed! :smile:
Original post by IrishChick
Hey, I was just wondering in one of my GCSE Irish Controlled assessments i wrote down the wrong centre number, I wrote a 2 instead of a 9 at the end of it :confused: i told my teacher the next day and he started to wind me up saying don't worry you might just scrape a C, I know he was only joking but do you think the department would have changed it? They told me they seen the mistake. The school name is on the assessment as well, do you think it will matter I'm just really worried :frown: thanks

Your school's examinations officer will have checked all of the papers to make sure that students have filled everything in correctly, so don't worry. Some people even forget to fill in anything at all! It'll have definitely been corrected before it was sent off to the exam board. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by bookworm161

YES! Worried for that one - my history teacher is my tutor next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bookworm161

I am, I think the exam board was OCR and the topics we did was American west and medicine. I'm hoping to get an A

What about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bethany96
Thank you :-) you too! how do you think your exams went?

Thanks :smile: some of them were alright (like RS *touchwood*), others were a shock (Spanish) and others were catastrophes (History, English, Physics) so who knows! What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1999
Original post by SuperSauce
Thanks, good luck on Results Day! Hope you get the grades needed! :smile:

It's alright! Thank you, you too:biggrin:

Latest