The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3520
Original post by zed963
Oh well I'm glad you did, it's better you correcting me rather me believing all my life that x^2=2x lol.

Congratulations, I've heard you got into Oxford.

Which course will you be doing?

How did you find out? :lol: If it's from my sig, my course is also there.
oh got this is so nerve wrecking my brother got his A Level results today and now the pressure is on me! the steaks are pretty high im nervous about maths the most! I need that damn C and really DO NOT want to resit! expecting the worst!.
Original post by tsjmcgrath
I'd hardly say that 4 As and 1 B is nothing incredible, considering they're the top two grades at AS! Sure, the UMS marks do matter, but for getting offers those grades look quite good as, I believe, universities aren't allowed to look at your UMS marks.

Cambridge are well known to look at UMS marks and considering a grade B is the average grade at A-Level anything below an A is a fail and if those As had low UMS then they wouldn't be anything special because they would indicate that the person wouldn't get A*s in those subjects at A2 and no A*s at A-Level=nothing special still good results though but nothing special, so I'd need the UMS to check whether these truly were exceptional or great results.I'd be disappointed if I get less than 90% UMS in Maths and Further Maths AS next year.Although, I'd be fine with an A in Physics and Computing.
Reply 3523
Original post by L'Evil Fish

^ this awesome guy isn't GCSE you know :rofl: he's in Oxford :teeth:

How were your grades?

A*A*A*A :awesome:
Reply 3524
Original post by Arva
How did you find out? :lol: If it's from my sig, my course is also there.

I checked your profile. I don't know how to check your sig.
Original post by zed963
Consider yourself lucky if you have the option to do decision modules. My sixth form doesn't allow it.

I have no option, I'm doing FP1 M2 D1 for Further Maths.
Reply 3526

It really is :/

I haven't gor any units to make it up :tongue: I've done both

Oh agh :frown: Over a mark a re-sit would be so troublesome, have you considered a re-mark?
Reply 3527
Original post by Red Fox
I have no option, I'm doing FP1 M2 D1 for Further Maths.

How much of a step up is further maths from normal maths?
Reply 3528
Original post by Arva

:shock: Now, they're good grades!

Very well done!!
Original post by zed963
How much of a step up is further maths from normal maths?

Well I'm starting it in September so I can't say for sure. It's easier than A2 Maths though apparently (at AS).
Reply 3530
Is anyone considering getting a NUS card?
Original post by Arva

Haha, congratulations!:biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by elixirs
Oh agh :frown: Over a mark a re-sit would be so troublesome, have you considered a re-mark?

I'm resitting C3 and Remarking HY1.
Reply 3532
Original post by zed963
I checked your profile. I don't know how to check your sig.

It's below my posts :confused:

There's also a pretty picture :teeth:

Ah well, Economics and Management.
Original post by zed963
Edexcel

oh :frown: I'm OCR:MEI

*been having dinner :smile:
Reply 3534
Original post by elixirs
:shock: Now, they're good grades!

Very well done!!

Reply 3535
Original post by tsjmcgrath
I think I have to wait until the 22nd. But I'm not too fussed about it really, the teachers did refer to us as the "guinea pig class" when we were doing it because we were the first to do the FSMQ at our school and it kind of showed in the way they organised things, truth be told!

Oh wow, good luck with that! We were guinea pigs for some other extra maths thing, glad to know mine isn't the only disorganised school!
Original post by elixirs
Hahahha, ooh a medic!
You will have a fun few years ahead of you then:colone:

Depends how you classify fun :colone:

*been having tea :smile:
Reply 3537
Original post by Arva
It's below my posts :confused:

There's also a pretty picture :teeth:

Ah well, Economics and Management.

Which A-levels did you do? You must have worked hard. What did you get for GCSEs?
Reply 3538
Haha, congratulations!:biggrin:

Spoiler

I'm resitting C3 and Remarking HY1.

You got an A and a B three years early, snap out of it. You have years to resit and will no doubt leave with all As and A*s when you finally graduate. :smile:

Don't feel obliged to feel happy for me though, I hope my sharing my results doesn't contribute to your feeling of inadequacy. :console:
Reply 3539
Original post by zed963
Which A-levels did you do? You must have worked hard. What did you get for GCSEs?

Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Latin (the A).
I wouldn't say I worked exceptionally hard, but I worked efficiently once study leave started :redface:
9 A*, 2A and an A in FSMQ

Latest