The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glitch96
Condolences...

To take your mind off your loss, me and some friends were playing a country simulation game, Bristol invaded China, India, the USA and Russia all at once, Bristol won. I'm slightly concerned...

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES BRISTOL! :lol: how are there enough people in Bristol to even contemplate invading that many countries, never mind winning? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goldenshades
5 days left... has anyone made plans with their friends on Thursday?

My friend's birthday is the day after so whether results are good or bad we'll try and put them behind us and celebrate her birthday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm going to see The Conjuring the night before :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 3mma_gal96

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was gonna do that for a level results day,but conjuring trailer scared me :frown:
Original post by Dalek1099
This has given me confidence in my French result because I got an A in German in Year 9 and have completed French in Year 11 so if you are right I should have got an A*-I think I have got it but that AQA Listening was awful I'm desperate for Low 20s for an A* I did that bad.

Yeah because I started my English in year 10 it really taught me how to answer questions and Reading would have helped me with sources (as we didn't have much time to do this with it being squashed into 1 year :frown: )

It's always the listening exam :rolleyes: :lol:
Original post by deborarosa
I eventually figured it out but thanks anyway :smile:

haha it's okay :biggrin:

Football training and then away out for the night with girlfriend and friends. (if my mum permits and I get ID somewhere.) :cool:
Original post by 3mma_gal96

Posted from TSR Mobile

So on the one hand you've got something terrifying that will strike fear in to anyone who even thinks about it, has been discussed at no length, a horror show that has been called "one of the scariest of the year" and will probably keep you up for nights to come through fear and because you don't what's to come next...

And you're also going to see The Conjuring - enjoy!
Reply 4248
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I was gonna do that for a level results day,but conjuring trailer scared me :frown:

Don't worry, it's not that scary :biggrin:
Everyone says that you shouldn't be nervous, paper is already in the envelope but I can't help it!
ugh my heart's pounding just thinking about it! :s-smilie: I just wanna see my grades already !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4251
I hope these next 5 days go quite quickly, I'm doing a few more things instead of sitting here so hopefully they should fly by!
Guys ^.*
How are you going to open your envelope?:3 is it going to be a rip or slowly opening it?:smile:
Also are you going to your school before doors actually open in the hopes they'll leave us in earlier?
Also are you opening your results at home or school?:/ I really don't know where to:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Basket case
Guys ^.*
How are you going to open your envelope?:3 is it going to be a rip or slowly opening it?:smile:
Also are you going to your school before doors actually open in the hopes they'll leave us in earlier?
Also are you opening your results at home or school?:/ I really don't know where to:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

- We don't get envelopes
- I'd go at ten, when they're already open
- At school
I'm just gonna wake up naturally at whatever time I do, walk to school with my mates, open my results straight away.
I haven't made any plans with friends etc. Rushing straight home with my envelope to open them with my parents (if I open them at school, I'll have to answer people's questions about my grades and I don't want to do that.) Good luck everyone! :smile: I'm sure you all did brilliantly.
Reply 4256
Guys ^.*

Posted from TSR Mobile

-IF we get envelopes I'll just open it like a usual envelope, so most likely failing to open it properly, before just giving up the neatness factor and ripping it apart.

-I'll be getting the bus before 10 that allows us to get to school about on time for the opening at 10, so probably very little waiting involved for me.

-School, we have to anyway, as the sixth form is at the same school and we must confirm our options.
Reply 4257
Original post by theJdog
Oh ok. Maybe she meant other boards then. You nervous?

Yep, I've got that bad feeling in my gut.
You?
Reply 4258
Guys ^.*

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was a thread on this.

The responses were actually quite funny.

Anyway, I'm going to open it carefully, first I'm going to inspect the envelope to see if it has been tampered with.

I will open it in a way that I will still be able to re use the envelope :tongue:

I'll go at the time they've given, there's no point going in earlier because they're not going to open the doors before 9 and if they do we'll just have to wait in the hall and wait until it's our turn to pick up the envelopes.

I'll be opening them at school and then giving my sixth form a bell to let them know about the grades.

Then celebrate or :cry2:
I'm a private candidate, so the principal of the centre is going to send me an email at 7/8 on Thursday. Tempted to just delete it! If I delete it, then I can still tell myself that the result was good :colondollar:

Latest