The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5920
It literally has not sunk it that it is tomorrow. I've still got the nervous feeling I've had for months, but not the ''oh crap, its tomorrow'' nervous feeling.
Reply 5921
My hands are shaking from looking at Edexcel grade boundaries.

And I can't find the AQA IGCSE boundaries - I don't think they're out yet but I may be wrong. I can't find them.
[QUOTE="simmy123;44103463"]
Original post by snikutsmullac
Grammar school students are elitist snobs, and will look down on you depending on what school you come im actually going to take that on board however I come from a fairly respected school and I have few friends there and they definitely not snobs! Obviously there probably will some stuck up people there let's just hope they are a small number
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or put you off, if it's what you want then go for it, but from my experience of visiting one the students at grammar schools think they are above those from normal public schools.

And it can't really be justified. Grammar schools are full of much more middle-class people, and I overheard a lot of them saying the only expected to get D's and C's tomorrow. Whereas at my school, there are a lot of working class, poor background students who are expected to get all A*.
5 Minutes until AQA Grade boundaries June 2013 are released:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/grade-boundaries

NEWS:

English language January 2013 Grade Boundaries will be released TOMORROW (Results day, Aug 22)

However the June 2013 exam of the unit will be released as usual in 5 minutes time
(edited 10 years ago)
[QUOTE="snikutsmullac;44103478"]
Original post by simmy123

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or put you off, if it's what you want then go for it, but from my experience of visiting one the students at grammar schools think they are above those from normal public schools.

And it can't really be justified. Grammar schools are full of much more middle-class people, and I overheard a lot of them saying the only expected to get D's and C's tomorrow. Whereas at my school, there are a lot of working class, poor background students who are expected to get all A*.

Thats totally fine I think I need to be prepared anyway in terms of the environment im might step into so yeah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NedSchool
20 Minutes until AQA Grade boundaries June 2013 are released:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/grade-boundaries

NEWS:

English language January 2013 Grade Boundaries will be released TOMORROW (Results day, Aug 22)

However the June 2013 exam of the unit will be released as usual in 20 minutes time

I REALLY hope German boundaries are low...
[QUOTE="simmy123;44103494"]

Thats totally fine I think I need to be prepared anyway in terms of the environment im might step into so yeah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The teaching and that you get probably will be better, in fairness, and you might come out with better results if you apply yourself. Just try and stay grounded and remember we are all equal!
I REALLY hope German boundaries are low...

Me too! Hopefully 30/45 for an A in reading and 26/40 for an A in listening. Probably would be 37/45 for an A* for reading and 32/40 for an A* in listening.

The wait...
Reply 5928
I seriously hope English Lit doesn't go up.
Original post by Jack59

Hoping for around 45/68 for unit 1 and 41/42 out of 54 for unit 2- both for A*'s. AHHH!:eek:
Me too! Hopefully 30/45 for an A in reading and 26/40 for an A in listening. Probably would be 37/45 for an A* for reading and 32/40 for an A* in listening.

The wait...

The tension of knowing how badly we're gonna fail :'(
(joking of course)

I think I screwed up my German exams so badly, I really want them to be low so there's a glimmer of hope for tomorrow! German is the one subject I'm really worried for!
Original post by Jack59

Which texts did you do in the English Lit exam?
Reply 5932
Hoping for around 45/68 for unit 1 and 41/42 out of 54 for unit 2- both for A*'s. AHHH!:eek:

Well last year it was 43 and 37. But I can't see it ever being lower than that so sadly can see a rise and it being like you have predicted.

EDIT: I did The Crucible and Of Mice and Men. Then Character and Voice on the poems.
Original post by Jack59
Well last year it was 43 and 37. But I can't see it ever being lower than that so sadly can see a rise and it being like you have predicted.

EDIT: I did The Crucible and Of Mice and Men. Then Character and Voice on the poems.

How did you find the Of Mice and Men question?
Why hasn't OCR posted by now arghhhh
Reply 5935
How did you find the Of Mice and Men question?

It was quite obvious Slim would come up, I quite liked the actual passage and part b, I just think I could had done a better job with it and didn't go as well as it could had. Guess I'll find out tomorrow. :colone:

Yourself?
2 Minutes until AQA Grade boundaries June 2013 are released:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...ade-boundaries

NEWS:

However the June 2013 exam of the unit will be released as usual in 2 minutes time
(edited 10 years ago)
Which texts did you do in the English Lit exam?

Of Mice and Men and the woman in Black
Two minutes to go. Anyone else constantly refreshing the AQA grade boundaries page ?

Latest