The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolface32
A* boundary seems realistic but the A boundary is a *tad* bit low?

what would you say it'll be

I think its between 122-126
Reply 681
Original post by Captain Anonymous
what would you say it'll be

I think its between 122-126

Well I highly doubt it will be more than 130

I think that 126-128 is more reasonable tbh...
How did your friends find them?
they found them hard wbu?
Original post by pje1000
anybody sit AQA Statistics?

Yes, I did. Here's what I posted after the exam.

I thought the paper was ok, I was very disappointed there were few calculations and more interpreting the data questions, as I was looking forward to getting some easy marks through things such as skewness calculations and standardised scores.

I know for sure I got the last question wrong as I divided the total of all the index numbers multiplied by their weights by the total of all the index numbers when it should've been the total of the weights. Hopefully I'll still pick up some follow through method marks though.

In addition, I think I dropped some easy marks on the final probability question as I simply did 1 - (25/100 * 3) when I think you had to lower the denominator by one each time as a coat had been taken out the sample.

I'm also unsure on a couple of questions such as the capture-recapture estimation question. I got something like 441 when rounded to the nearest integer but I'm not sure if that's correct. I also said the vertical axis on the output graph was GDP, however I'm not sure whether that will be enough to get the mark.

Personally I hope I've achieved at least 80 marks. When comparing that paper to June 2012 (A* - 83) and June 2011 (A* - 68) I think it was somewhere I between. I think it'll be around 76 for an A*.

Original post by augustbaby
Results day is my 16th birthday, so that is fun .... (not). I am not sure what to do about opening results, my friend has asked if we can open each others, but I am not sure, what if i do badly, what if she does! Plus school or home, I really can't decide.

That happened to me last year for my GCSE result
I would open your own, the best thing is not really to converse with other people in my opinion unless they ask what you get cos for some people it might be slightly sensitive :wink:
I was lucky cos the girl that stayed at mine for results and celebrations got exactly the same results as me and so there was no awkwardness hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 685
Original post by pje1000
anybody sit AQA Statistics?

Yup, I did
Reply 686
I did the coursework too and didn't get great in them, do you have any idea how much you need to get out of 64 for each one to get atleast an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
really dreading results day i wish i tried harder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 688
Original post by ammmmm
I did the coursework too and didn't get great in them, do you have any idea how much you need to get out of 64 for each one to get atleast an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

probably 49 or 50 something to get an A in the science coursework...I got two Cs and a B in the Coursework and my exams are way better.I'm actually scared of my science results though.
Reply 689
Original post by XXSimranXX
really dreading results day i wish i tried harder

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome to the club. Really wish I had given it my all, but I was just so demotivated at the time, the few exams I did bad on I know I could have done a lot better on with some effort :rolleyes:

I'm not too bothered though now, nothing can be done. Enjoy your holiday!
Reply 690
Ohh damnnn. Why are they so highh and yeh same so worrried about sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2
Welcome to the club. Really wish I had given it my all, but I was just so demotivated at the time, the few exams I did bad on I know I could have done a lot better on with some effort :rolleyes:

I'm not too bothered though now, nothing can be done. Enjoy your holiday!

i feel the same and yhh im trying but then sometimes u jus remeber haha and then u feel bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 692
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I liked it!

Unit 2, About a Boy and An Inspector Calls!

I did An Inspector Calls and Never Let Me Go - which essay question did you do for An Inspector Calls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tess_rach
I did An Inspector Calls and Never Let Me Go - which essay question did you do for An Inspector Calls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were the two options again?

I think it may have been how the Inspector is presented... What about you?
Reply 694
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What were the two options again?

I think it may have been how the Inspector is presented... What about you?

I did the empathy question on Mr Birling - I was very surprised I went for it though, normally I hate empathy questions but miss had shown us some examples a couple of days before so I had an idea on what to write - and the Inspector question seemed really hard!

Also my friend had told me beforehand that Mr Birling said "By Jingo!" a lot, so I used that :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 695
Did anyone do to kill a mockingbird and DNA for the englishh ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tess_rach
I did the empathy question on Mr Birling - I was very surprised I went for it though, normally I hate empathy questions but miss had shown us some examples a couple of days before so I had an idea on what to write - and the Inspector question seemed really hard!

Also my friend had told me beforehand that Mr Birling said "By Jingo!" a lot, so I used that :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Urgh, my teacher said to never do empathy :tongue: I liked the inspector one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 697
Just awaiting my results for Spanish and ICT.
I predict:
A*/A for ICT
A/B for Spanish
Reply 698
On results day do we also get our GCSE certificates ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 699
*nevermind*
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest