The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

1.5 A*s , 3 Bs and 5 As. I did so bad :frown: I'm actually crying :frown:
Reply 7161
Got 9A*s and 3 As! So happy, wan't expecting that, especially not in physics! Well done everyone!
Can someone please help me with the UMS system? I have no idea how to work out the actual mark?!
Original post by theJdog
1.5 A*s , 3 Bs and 5 As. I did so bad :frown: I'm actually crying :frown:

That's not bad at all. That's actually pretty amazing! Well done on excellent results! :biggrin:
I got 1a* 3a's and 5b's! I'm ridiculously happy because I passed both double award science and art, which i was not expecting!
m going to cry!!!! crap results 2 B's, 5C's, 1D and 1E im struggling to find a college now!!! **** Can someone please help me or confort me. :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sophietulip
Can someone please help me with the UMS system? I have no idea how to work out the actual mark?!

It should tell you the UMS, the maximum UMS and then your grade beside it. :smile:
Reply 7167
English Literature - A
English Language - B
Electronic Products - B
Religious Studies B
Geography - B
Drama - B
Mathematics - C
Science (Core) - C
Science (Additional) - C
ICT - Merit
dissapointed, but whatever vrum vrum mother****ers
Original post by aasvogel
It should tell you the UMS, the maximum UMS and then your grade beside it. :smile:

Oh I know that my sheet doesn't have the max UMS on but I mean translating the UMS points into the actual mark on the test paper?
I got 3A*s, 4As, and 2.5 Bs which is apparently one of the best results in the year. I'm still in shock! Well done everyone :smile:
Original post by sophietulip
Oh I know that my sheet doesn't have the max UMS on but I mean translating the UMS points into the actual mark on the test paper?

Oh I see. You're looking to find out what you got in each paper? I think AQA have a UMS converter on their website, so you can put your UMS in and it should tell you what you got. :smile: (I'm with CCEA and they give us the raw marks on the sheet).
12 A*s and 2 As !! So happy :smile: Well done everyone x
I got 4A*s, 6As, and a B.

Not happy with part of it though.. I got a B in Latin and an A in geography. I had a panic attack and had to be taken out of both of my geography exams and placed in another room, and still got an A, yet in Latin I got a B when every mock that I did {and we did one every 2 weeks} I got an A or an A* in.. I'd be happy if I could switch those two grades.
Original post by Ecosse_14
That's not bad at all. That's actually pretty amazing! Well done on excellent results! :biggrin:

Thanks but I don't think it is. I think I got the lowest in the whole school :frown:
Reply 7175
Original post by Boo249
Got 9A*s and 3 As! So happy, wan't expecting that, especially not in physics! Well done everyone!

Very well done :smile:
Original post by Yusuf bhatti
m going to cry!!!! crap results 2 B's, 5C's, 1D and 1E im struggling to find a college now!!! F%@K Can someone please help me or confort me. :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Try not to stress out too much, you've still got more GCSEs than a lot of people! Have you considered remarks or retakes? Speak to your school about them if you think they're an option and they'll be able to give you more information on your suitability and how to go about it. They'll also be able to help you with finding a college. Good luck and let us know how it goes! :smile:

Original post by theJdog
Thanks but I don't think it is. I think I got the lowest in the whole school :frown:

Well you must go to a very veeery top class school. You can do anything you want with those GCSEs so you're not at a disadvantage what so ever. :smile:
Original post by LeoMantys
I got 2A* and 7A, 3B, 1C, 1D

However, my problem is that I got a D in English Language and a B in English Literature... which one accounts for the full English GCSE Degree (Are they averaged out to a C for example, or Language takes over the Literature...), I feel like dying... :frown:

If so, then I'll have to re-sit it... but do you still think that I can go to Oxbridge as I got a real passion for chemistry and got all A* for Science tests but only the controlled assessment derived me into a B, concluding my score of an A for each science... :frown: :frown:

I'm not certain but I'd try retaking the english language exams you ballsed up in the worst to get to a B.
Reply 7178
Original post by Dougieowner
6 A*'s, 4 A's and 1 C, I am SHOCKED! I did not expect this, and to even get A*'s in two sciences was never expected. :O

Here's the breakdown:

Spanish - A*
French - A*
Food Technology - A*
Biology - A*
Physics - A*
English Literature - A*
English Language - A
Maths - A
Chemistry - A
Music - A
Drama - C

Comments:
Really shocked receiving more A*'s than I expected, and to receive an A in Music when my teacher thought I'd get a D is even more crazy! Would have liked a B in Drama and I think I nearly reached it, but I'm still so happy with everything and didn't expect it.

wow, really well done. Hard work pays off :smile:
Original post by Ecosse_14
Try not to stress out too much, you've still got more GCSEs than a lot of people! Have you considered remarks or retakes? Speak to your school about them if you think they're an option and they'll be able to give you more information on your suitability and how to go about it. They'll also be able to help you with finding a college. Good luck and let us know how it goes! :smile:

Well you must go to a very veeery top class school. You can do anything you want with those GCSEs so you're not at a disadvantage what so ever. :smile:

Thanks, I'm like 2 marks of getting an A* in history, do you think I should remark it??

Latest