The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I need help i want to apply to Northampton or bedfordshire uni to do nursing im 17 and in my final year of college im doing a levels but my problem is i keep failing my maths gcse re sit and i might have to do level 2 btec maths will i still get into these uni's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by overthelove
Congratulations on your results! They are amazing! You should feel very proud :smile:

I got an A* in AQA English Lit. I hated the exam questions though!

Well done! :smile:

Thank you very much! Well done on that A*! :smile:
Does anyone know if you can repeat the T6 exam with CCEA? I've already repeated T4 during June and I sat T6 in June for the first time so am I able to just resit T6?
Does anyone know how long I've got to ask for a remark from AQA before my mark on the exam is permanent?
Hi guys, could someone please tell me if any of these are worth a remark so that i can get some more A*'s? i really need a few more for my university of choice

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovg0wch6fol059u/1.PNG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1g46ahcp5flgqe/2.PNG
Reply 7885
Original post by aliceinacoma
It seems like people at my school have gotten really low grades as well. I was hoping for an A, expecting a B but I got a C. I didn't do too badly in my physical either so it was really unexpected. Even some of the really sporty guys got Cs, and my friend who is usually A*s all round got a D. I haven't heard that anyone from my school has more than a C in PE yet.
Well done for your A* though :smile:

Thank you! I'm really pleased by the sound of how things are! It's ridiculous!! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7886
How do you know if your a few marks away from an A for example my additional science in total is 296 (B)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by benwalters1996
Hi guys, could someone please tell me if any of these are worth a remark so that i can get some more A*'s? i really need a few more for my university of choice

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovg0wch6fol059u/1.PNG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1g46ahcp5flgqe/2.PNG

Stop trying to boast, that's clearly your aim
Reply 7888
Original post by purplechocolate
Do you reckon I should? I don't think PE can change much but then again the essay questions are subjective :confused:

I think so definitely! I thought that exam was hard and I wasn't sure how to answer most of the questions so the mark scheme must be equally questionable. I doubt you'd lose marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theuser77
Yh but this isn't an AS its an A2 therefore it won't be counted in my uni offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait, did you do BOTH AS and A2 whilst doing GCSEs? That's bloody brilliant :biggrin: And I think that it still won't be counted as GCSE, it is an A Level. Never mind if you did it early, it still should be an A-Level. Ask your school just to be sure. It would be different in the case of Distinction. But maybe at your school, the grade you got for your A Level is worth 300?
(edited 10 years ago)
2A*s, 6As, 2Bs and 2Cs including full UMS in French. I'm over the moon! :biggrin:
Original post by sophie97
I think so definitely! I thought that exam was hard and I wasn't sure how to answer most of the questions so the mark scheme must be equally questionable. I doubt you'd lose marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'm thinking about it now, I just hope I don't miss the deadline as I don't really know how to approach this! Well done also :smile:
11A*s and an A - so happy!
Original post by qr95
How do you know if your a few marks away from an A for example my additional science in total is 296 (B)

Posted from TSR Mobile

its the % of the total UMS so 320 is for an A and 360 an A* as these are 80 and 90% of 400 :h: (280 is a B so your securely in the middle )
can anyone quote this tweet with the links to grade boundaries for gcse edexcel, wjec, and ocr please? I'm trying to see how close i was to getting a higher grade :smile:
4 A*'s 5 A's 1 B 1 C ;3
i know they're pretty average grades compared to all yous on tsr but i am very very pleased.

1 A* 4A's 5B's and 4C's

How gutting is this though.. half a mark off of an A* in graphics and 4 marks off of an A out of 180 in sociology,ouch.I am very happy with my results overall and to say i cried with happiness and i NEVER cry it shows how pleased i am.
Hope you've all got fantastic grades; just remember if not it's not the end of the world.If you work hard you can achieve anything. :-)
Reply 7897
I got

2A*
2A
8B
2C

No D though ..
Original post by tess_rach
Does anyone know if I'd have a chance at getting into Cambridge with 6 A*s and 6 As? I'd like to do MML.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course you have a shot! Now just get your AS results :wink: It takes more than grades too :smile:
5As,3Bs,1C and 2Ds. quite happy