The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8600
Original post by PARM1
Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Leisure and Tourism, ICT, DT, 2 from BTEC Business. I thought i was going to get one in Spanish but aqa were super harsh, so when my controlled assessments where moderated, i went from full marks and just under full marks in the writing and speaking to just over an A and just below an A =(. In my exams i got full ums in reading and 52/60 in listening, but even if i got full marks in those i still wouldn't of got an A* =(.

You did very well.:wink: Were your As in english?
Reply 8601
Original post by a123a
You did very well.:wink: Were your As in english?

nope, i got B's in lang and lit, and i fear that's something that is going to be holding me back =(. I have never been good at English, i even did language 3 times and i still couldn't get an A...
I got an A in spanish and 2 in ICT, as well as B's in english lang, lit and PE =(
Reply 8602
Original post by PARM1
nope, i got B's in lang and lit, and i fear that's something that is going to be holding me back =(. I have never been good at English, i even did language 3 times and i still couldn't get an A...
I got an A in spanish and 2 in ICT, as well as B's in english lang, lit and PE =(

Thats still really good, is your ICT a gcse?
What mark did you get in Spanish?
Reply 8603
Original post by a123a
Thats still really good, is your ICT a gcse?
What mark did you get in Spanish?

In Spanish i got 252 ums in total (unit 1: 52a, unit 2: 60a*, unit 3: 72a, unit 4: 68b) and im not too sure about ICT. In think it may of been BTEC as there were no exams and it was all essays and so on.
Reply 8604
Original post by PARM1
In Spanish i got 252 ums in total (unit 1: 52a, unit 2: 60a*, unit 3: 72a, unit 4: 68b) and im not too sure about ICT. In think it may of been BTEC as there were no exams and it was all essays and so on.

I would remark the unit 3 and 4. It's worth a shot.
Reply 8605
Original post by a123a
I would remark the unit 3 and 4. It's worth a shot.

Alright, but do u think it will be too late if i ask my spanish teacher when i go back to school?
Reply 8606
Original post by PARM1
Alright, but do u think it will be too late if i ask my spanish teacher when i go back to school?

No the deadline is like 20th September, I think:confused:
Reply 8607
Guys i have 28 exams in june 2014 and i want to do well but i have no idea where and how to start! Please help!:s
Original post by Susy123
Guys i have 28 exams in june 2014 and i want to do well but i have no idea where and how to start! Please help!:s

Are you just going into year 11 now, or do you mean A-levels?
i know this is random but can anyone tell me what is the best source for maths revision other than mathswatch, i have the exam in november so im kind of planning my revision now:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8610
Bit late, just got back from Reading yesterday, but got 13 A*s, so pleased
Reply 8611
Original post by yahya10123
i know this is random but can anyone tell me what is the best source for maths revision other than mathswatch, i have the exam in november so im kind of planning my revision now:tongue:

I would buy a book and make notes - I found the CGP guides good and they're cheap too. I think most people find it easier to learn by making notes (most that I know anyway).
Reply 8612
Just a quick question about remarks - I was 3 UMS off of an A* in Geography and have been advised to get a remark - should I choose the paper that I got the lowest mark in to be remarked? Or do people get both papers remarked?

The thing is that I felt I did better in both of the papers, so neither stands out as the obvious choice to me. What do people do in this situation? :s-smilie:
Reply 8613
Would young enterprise be a good enrichment choice?:smile:
Original post by Mlemmy
Just a quick question about remarks - I was 3 UMS off of an A* in Geography and have been advised to get a remark - should I choose the paper that I got the lowest mark in to be remarked? Or do people get both papers remarked?

The thing is that I felt I did better in both of the papers, so neither stands out as the obvious choice to me. What do people do in this situation? :s-smilie:

Which one had more essay-style questions? Because essay-based exams are quite subjective, so your mark depends a lot more on the examiner, so you have more of a chance of your mark changing. Did you feel surprised with how low either of the marks were? If so, send that one for a remark, because it's possible the examiner missed something. But if it's fairly equal, then it doesn't matter too much - you could send either or both to be remarked.
Welp, got my results.

2 A*s, 8 As and 1 B. Also got into Newstead Wood. I'm so happeh :biggrin:
Reply 8616
Original post by Georgiecat
Are you just going into year 11 now, or do you mean A-levels?

I mean GCSEs :redface:
Original post by Susy123
I mean GCSEs :redface:

Write a list of your subjects, then break them down Eg. Math > unit 1> percentages > bulletpoints on different examples/methods/definitions

It'll be a Damn long list but it'll have everything you need, no rubbish that teachers overload with you, just the facts, memorize them and you'll be fine. You should be able to get the appropriate subject summary from your teachers if you don't know them already or don't have it in a revision guide. There isn't actually that much to learn at GCSE except you have to know all of it perfectly letter by letter, I didn't do that :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8618
Original post by Glitch96
Write a list of your subjects, then break them down Eg. Math > unit 1> percentages > bulletpoints on different examples/methods/definitions

It'll be a Damn long list but it'll have everything you need, no rubbish that teachers overload with you, just the facts, memorize them and you'll be fine. You should be able to get the appropriate subject summary from your teachers if you don't know them already or don't have it in a revision guide. There isn't actually that much to learn at GCSE except you have to know all of it perfectly letter by letter, I didn't do that :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I am so terrified, it gives me shivers just thinking about the exams!
Reply 8619
Original post by VibraGenesis
Welp, got my results.

2 A*s, 8 As and 1 B. Also got into Newstead Wood. I'm so happeh :biggrin:

WOW!! That's brill!

Latest