The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I wish when I open my envelope that I will actually be able to understand what grade I get. Last year I got so confused and I was only opening a result for one exam!
Original post by parasagarwal01
i think that results day is on 23rd August not 22nd. Well thats what it said when i opened up my results plus direct :confused:

23rd is a Friday, results day is always on a Thursday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry but i just checked it out again and its 23rd not 22nd

http://www.studential.com/GCSEs/guide-to-GCSE-results-day-2013
Reply 143
A question about UMS... is it going to be shown on the results page? I really, desperately want to know UMS to see who came top out of my friends and I, but last year our results pages didn't have them on them. I assumed that this was just normal and how they came, but then I asked the exams office to send email them to me as well, and the pdf I received was identical, except that it had all the UMS socres on. So my school doctored the results to remove the UMS scores before they gave them to us. I expect this is to stop everyone comparing in minute detail, but now that we've left we can't go and gather up our individual subject UMSs like last year. Does anyone else's school do this?
Original post by Cluck
A question about UMS... is it going to be shown on the results page? I really, desperately want to know UMS to see who came top out of my friends and I, but last year our results pages didn't have them on them. I assumed that this was just normal and how they came, but then I asked the exams office to send email them to me as well, and the pdf I received was identical, except that it had all the UMS socres on. So my school doctored the results to remove the UMS scores before they gave them to us. I expect this is to stop everyone comparing in minute detail, but now that we've left we can't go and gather up our individual subject UMSs like last year. Does anyone else's school do this?

My school always gave me the UMS score, but just labelled it as the 'mark', but only for individual units. When it came to the full GCSE they gave a total UMS score, and the number of points.
Reply 145
Original post by Olympiad
Challenge - 3 weeks,
1st week - adventure place like PGL
2nd week - at a university, learn a new skill, given a budget to spend for food
3rd week - charity work

Sounds fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile

isn't the third week when we do team work with others to produce a product and pitch it on dragons den?
Reply 146

Why does it recommend taking a calculator? :/
Reply 147

It definitely is the 22nd, I remember because it's my birthday! You can look on any of the exam boards' wesbites and see that it's the 22nd. This website must be showing the date from last year which was the 23rd. Plus I just went to this website and it says @You've spent the summer trying to forget about them, but now it's Thursday 22nd August 2013, and time to see what your GCSE results look like.
Your future is printed on a piece of paper. Is it bright or is it ...?
@
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by eyeyaye
It definitely is the 22nd, I remember because it's my birthday! You can look on any of the exam boards' wesbites and see that it's the 22nd. This website must be showing the date from last year which was the 23rd. Plus I just went to this website and it says @You've spent the summer trying to forget about them, but now it's Thursday 22nd August 2013, and time to see what your GCSE results look like.
Your future is printed on a piece of paper. Is it bright or is it ...?
@

That is frightening to read

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
Original post by lauren110
i know my gcse results are not going to be great mainly bs and cs and my parents think that am goona get like 10A*s. i feel so tensed that am going to upest my paents i was thing that i would lie to them and tell them that i got like 8 A*.
should i do it

You should just tell them the truth I'm sure they know you'll have tried your best and they'll definitely be disappointed if you lied to them about it
Original post by alexgr97
Why does it recommend taking a calculator? :/

Probably so you can calculate how far away you were etc,
I'm not taking one that's effort

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Original post by Cluck
Opening mine as soon as I can physically rip the envelope open. Even if they're rubbish, I'd rather know immediately. Hopefully I won't read the column of Bs (I still have no idea what that is) as the results and not notice the A*s like I did last year :colondollar:

That's what I did too when I got some results for physics and maths and I was like what?, like I don't think a B is bad, but I was thinking "I really thought I did better?" and even though I got two A*s when I got home I started crying because I didn't get 100% like I did in my other exams and my mum thought I got 2 Bs as well! That random B is making everyone's lives so complicated!
Reply 152
That is frightening to read

Posted from TSR Mobile

why is it frightening?
i just dont want to see a C and maybe a B on my results card :redface:
Probably so you can calculate how far away you were etc,
I'm not taking one that's effort

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only read the first bit telling me when results day was. Anything past that was of no concern. Although it probably says take a calculator to work out how much UMS points you get; my school requires 390 points from the 8 best GCSE grades. Kind of pointless, seeing as most phones have calculators nowadays.

i just dont want to see a C and maybe a B on my results card :redface:

Glad I'm not the only one. :tongue:
Does anyone know whether I can get one of my sisters to get my results? I only ask because I'm doing the challenge during the 22nd of August! It sucks and I don't wanna miss results day because I really wanna be there myself but it can't be helped.
Original post by blackstah
Does anyone know whether I can get one of my sisters to get my results? I only ask because I'm doing the challenge during the 22nd of August! It sucks and I don't wanna miss results day because I really wanna be there myself but it can't be helped.

Let the school know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157
Original post by blackstah

Policy depends on the school. Mine requires a signed letter giving permission and prior notice. The also email to people who can't get in, if you'll have a chance to pick up email you could ask them to do that?
So early! But yeah, I'll be posting here a lot.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
So early! But yeah, I'll be posting in every thread a lot.

Corrected :wink:

Latest