The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
So far as I'm aware, grade boundaries for most exams remain pretty static. It isn't overly normal practice for any board (except maybe OCR) to normalise and use standard deviations to determine grade boundaries.
Original post by AGrumpyMole
they'll probs post them to you

Okay thanks :smile: good luck for your results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1282
Original post by zeyad.sherif
What do you guys think about the grade boundaries of the Edexcel AS Chemistry? I think they're quite high.

They're low for June exams. Usually in January, A boundary is about 65% and in June 85% so now it's in the middle, it's perfect

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Are wjec ones out at midnight?
How can I reset my UCAS track and password?
Original post by BioGeek
How can I reset my UCAS track and password?

you can't at the moment as it's updating. I'd ring them up, it's quicker that way.
Reply 1286
Why the hell do OCR never lower their grade boundaries for economics? They are pretty much always the same. I'm failing this crappy subject again.
Does anyone else feel that the AQA Chem2 grade boundaries are pretty high considering that the paper wasn't exactly easy? (77/100 for an A)
Reply 1288
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Does anyone else feel that the AQA Chem2 grade boundaries are pretty high considering that the paper wasn't exactly easy? (77/100 for an A)

It's usually 79-80 so we are lucky this year :smile:
Original post by adi19956
They're low for June exams. Usually in January, A boundary is about 65% and in June 85% so now it's in the middle, it's perfect

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Now I feel stupid...
Has anyone else noticed that AQA have whacked up the Physics ISA grade boundaries this year for the first time in ages, cheeky bastards! And the Unit 1 grade boundaries are stupidly high
Original post by Roger1
Why the hell do OCR never lower their grade boundaries for economics? They are pretty much always the same. I'm failing this crappy subject again.

They really don't. 48 for micro in jan and then 49 for macro in june gtfo ocr
Reply 1292
I can't believe how high Edexcel Biology grade boundaries are D'=
Original post by überambitious_ox
For me it's German...*sigh*.

Good luck! :smile:
What does the (R) mean, I think it means retake, but that isn't possible, for example Physics Unit 2 Edexcel was done once in 2013 but there are 2 boundaries, 6PH02 Physics At Work (Paper 01)6PH02 Physics At Work (Paper 01R).
I was thinking the exact same thing, normally its so much lower! :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CarysMoo
Edexcel English Lit... kill me now. My life is ruined. :smile: :smile: :smile: passive aggressive smiley :smile: :smile:

Eurgh I know how you feel! Impossible to please those markers.
Original post by Ellie_May :)
Eurgh I know how you feel! Impossible to please those markers.

I screwed it up - the best I can hope for now is a B over all and I need an A :'(
What is the difference between paper 01 and paper 01R? Does the R signify replacement? I ask regarding the edexcel maths papers (especially C3!). If it did signify replacement then the replacement for C3 has ended up having higher boundaries than the original which doesn't seem right because those that saw both were unanimous in thinking that the original was easier. The difference between the two in raw marks for each grade is about 10 marks?! Anyone know anything more on this?
Original post by mahatma ghandi
Has anyone else noticed that AQA have whacked up the Physics ISA grade boundaries this year for the first time in ages, cheeky bastards! And the Unit 1 grade boundaries are stupidly high

Tbh we all expected the ISA to be an absolute joke. No surprise they increased it.

Quick Reply

Latest