The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Post your results (strictly no discussion)

Scroll to see replies

A*AB! :biggrin: so pleased! in English language, English literature and History.
Reply 201
AS Results

Maths; Predicted A/ Achieved A
French; Predicted A/ Achieved A
Biology; Predicted A/ Achieved A
Chemistry; Predicted A/ Achieved A

Absolutely delighted, just need to keep it up for next year!
:smile:
Reply 202
hi guys, got my AS results today. Am extremely disappointed. Was predicted AAAB and came out with CDEE. I take maths, chem, bio and econ. I don't know what to do, I am extremely upset. I am unsure: shall I repeat year 12 again? Or carry on to year 13 and re-sit these exams with my A2 exams? Please help
Reply 203
Maths: A*
F. Maths: A*
Physics: A*

wtf. Only got an A at physics at first because AQA didnt mark part of my paper!
A2 Results:

A* Persian language
A* Further Maths
A Maths
A Economics
A Business
C Accounting.

Can't wait for uni now! :biggrin:
Reply 205
AS Results

Subject: ICT - predicted: A / achieved: A.
Subject: Religion (Luke's Gospel & Celtic Church) - predicted: B/C / achieved: A(!!!)
Subject: Design&Technology: Product Design - predicted: B/C / achieved: B
Subject: English Literature B - predicted: A / achieved: C (:s-smilie:)

Comments:
I did a lot better than expected in Religion which is incredible because I didn't think I had answered any of the questions fully let alone well enough for 90/100 in my June 2013 unit! A bit gutted about English literature though, because I had achieved an A in my coursework, and somehow ended up with a D in the test so I might get that exam remarked. Other than that I'm pleasantly surprised and ecstatic about passing them all :smile:
Reply 206
Predicted Grades:

A in Religious Studies
A in Welsh Second Language
B in English Literature

Actual Grades:

B in Religious Studies
B in Welsh Second Language
C in English Literature

Bit disappointed that I didn't reach my predictions, but at the end of the day, I've gotten into university, so that's all that matters! :biggrin:
Reply 207
A2 Results

Philosophy: Predicted B / Achieved A*
English Language: Predicted A / Achieved A
English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved B

Firm offer: ABB for English Language and Classical Literature and Civilisation at the University of Birmingham

Comments and reactions: I was so relieved! Many strange sighing/laughing sounds left my mouth at around 8am this morning. I have to keep on logging into track just to make sure it's not a mistake. :redface: And never in my educational life did I ever think I'd see an A*.

So overall, pretty damn chuffed! :biggrin:
As exams

Maths A
Chemistry A
Biology A
Physics A

Predicted was AAAB so I am ecstatic with that.
Reply 209
A2 Physics - A* (542/600)
A2 Product Design - A* (351/400)
AS Maths - A (541/600)

Well chuffed with that but tiny bit annoyed I missed out on the maths A* by 2 UMS :redface: UCL here I come!
Reply 210
AS (Linear so only one)

Politics-A (predicted B, but i'm of the firm belief the predictions mean absolutely nothing) :smile:

Comments- Happy, I guess. Only one exam though haha.
Reply 211
A2 results:

Physics: Targeted A / Achieved A* (555/600)
Maths: A / A* (527/600)
Further Maths: A / A* (522/600)
Chemistry: B / A (484/600)

Very pleased with all results although I little disappointed about unit 5 Physics, I got full UMS in two of the three previous units so my teacher expected the same this time, I got 115/120, my friend and competition beat my by getting full UMS which is a little disheartening however pleased for him and I'm still very happy with them.

Applied to University however decided against going when I was offered a Higher Apprenticeship at Rolls-Royce, so I took that up instead. Looking forward to starting at the end of this month :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 212
Original post by miasp
hi guys, got my AS results today. Am extremely disappointed. Was predicted AAAB and came out with CDEE. I take maths, chem, bio and econ. I don't know what to do, I am extremely upset. I am unsure: shall I repeat year 12 again? Or carry on to year 13 and re-sit these exams with my A2 exams? Please help

I'd resit the year, doing all those resits during your other exams may just bring those down as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 213
AS result
Maths-A* (597/600) I finished maths in AS
Physics-A(296/300)
Chem-A(287/300)
Further Maths(197/200) so far only 2 modules
Reply 214

Electronics Pred : A achieved : A

Mathmatics Pred : fail (studied it on my own) achieved : A (YES)

Chemistry Pred : E achieved B

Physics Pred : D achieved B

Feeling's on results:

Going to Bristol university to study electrical and electronic engineering, I knew i could do it, i just messed up my previous years! I also taught myself a maths A level on my OWN and still got an A.

What i have learnt:

Anyone can do whatever they enjoy if they put there mind to it! I though i was another college drop out until I decided to make a change. Hope for the best with everyone ales in life!!
Reply 215
Results
Biology: predicted A*/ achieved A (1 UMS off the A*...gonna remark that ASAP)
Chemistry: predicted A/ achieved A
ICT: predicted A/ achieved A
AS Maths: predicted B/ achieved B (2 UMS off the A...remark that as one well)

Firm offer if received: BBB for EMDP at Kings

Insurance offer if received: AAA for Pharmacy at UCL

Comments and Reactions
Ecstatic with my results! I barely slept last night but I'm so relieved that it all worked out! I can't wait to start Uni in a fortnight.
Reply 216
Results

Pre-U Physics: predicted D2/ achieved D2

Pre-U Economics: predicted D2/ achieved D1

Maths: predicted A*/ achieved A*

Further Maths: predicted A*/ achieved A*

Firm offer if received: A*A*D2 biomedical engineering at Imperial College London

Insurance offer if received: A*AA for mechanical engineering at Bristol

Comments and Reactions
in shock
AS results
English Literature: B/C
Psychology: B/B
Sociology: A/A
Maths: C/E

Comments and Reactions
To be honest, I knew that Maths would be my weakest grade but I wasn't expecting to get such a low grade for it. Also disappointed that I got a C for English since I know I could have done so much better! Nevertheless, I'm really happy to have met my predicted grades for Sociology and Psychology.
Maths: A
Chemistry: B
Physics: B

Firm offer: University of Liverpool for chemistry ABB
Insurance: Leicester University for chemistry BBB

Thoughts, got what i needed for my firm so im a happy chap, thought i should have done better in physics though.
Reply 219
AS Results

* Biology: Predicted B / achieved A
* Maths: Predicted A / achieved A
* Economics and Business Studies Predicted: A / achieved A
* Chemistry: Predicted A/ achieved A

Comments and reactions

Didn't expect I'll get that in biology, so happy!

Quick Reply

Latest