The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingdoo
If you get the grades for your offer then they will automatically accept you. If you missed them by a grade they will look at things like PS and some check the grades to see how many marks you may have missed by.:biggrin:

Edit may be different for OXBRIDGE?

so it is not there procedure to check each applicants personal statement on making an offer?
Reply 2121
Hey guys

This might sound like an obvious thing to suggest but make sure you know what your personal ID and password is. The last thing you want on Thursday morning is to be resetting your password because you can't remember it.

Hope everyone gets in to the uni of their choice doing the course of their choice. :smile:
Reply 2122
Original post by kate_louise21
Do the universities only look at your personal statement and experience etc again if you have narrowly missed your offer ? Or do they look at this regardless before making a decision for every applicant ?

They would not look at this regardless for every applicant. They looked at your PS and predicted grades etc and made an offer. If you meet your offer there is no further need for any review. The have to give you a place.

If you narrowly miss they probably would look at your PS, and maybe your GCSE performance etc to make accept you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by needtosucceed=)
you've applied for pharmacy? whats ur firm and insurance? :smile:

haha i'm applying next year - planning to putting Kings College London as my firm and Reading/LJMU as insurance if AS results go my way :smile:
I've been idly peeking at this thread for a while now, though the butterflies have been around for a while. Good luck everyone :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kate_louise21
so it is not there procedure to check each applicants personal statement on making an offer?

Offer wise I think OXBRIDGE and the most prestigious like Durham will look at other things as well because so many apply with the same academic qualities and grades so they need to look at the students and how different and unique they are.

Then most other universities will give you an offer if you have the required grades. If you apply late, or they are really over subscribed or have students with grades which narrowly miss the offer they will then look at different things such as PS.

But every uni has different ways in which they go about giving offers. However, some unis probably will look at every factor before giving an offer.:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HPAG
They would not look at this regardless for every applicant. They looked at your PS and predicted grades etc and made an offer. If you meet your offer there is no further need for any review. The have to give you a place.

If you narrowly miss they probably would look at your PS, and maybe your GCSE performance etc to make accept you.

Oh dear Im even more nervous now :s-smilie: I assumed they would just go through everything about you again before making an offer despite what grades you got unless they were truly terrible. My offer is BBB but ive got a funny feeling itll be something like BBD and i guess thats not at all narrowly missing the offer. I was rely relying on my experience on the course i was going to take really being my life saver if i did end up with one bad grade :frown:
can't stop thinking about results day now.work was so boring! it's a matter of 5,4,3,2,1 and boom life's changed
Original post by kingdoo
Offer wise I think OXBRIDGE and the most prestigious like Durham will look at other things as well because so many apply with the same academic qualities and grades so they need to look at the students and how different and unique they are.

Then most other universities will give you an offer if you have the required grades. If you apply late, or they are really over subscribed or have students with grades which narrowly miss the offer they will then look at different things such as PS.

But every uni has different ways in which they go about giving offers. However, some unis probably will look at every factor before giving an offer.:biggrin:

What is it with you and writing Oxbridge in block capitals? :tongue:
Original post by PythianLegume

It exceeds the mere status of a "proper noun" :shakecane:

(sarcasm btw)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PythianLegume

I don't know maybe because they are brilliant unis that I will never get into :tongue:
Original post by georgiapal
i actually feel physically sick :biggrin:

You're not alone. Well actually I've calmed down a bit compared to a couple of days ago - maybe I've already had my breakdown
Reply 2132
I've reached the point where I am completely emotionless
Original post by needtosucceed=)
took that quote from the thread you gave a link for :tongue:

how comes u didnt watch many of them?

Haha, I know, I didn't actually have that much time to watch them.
Original post by venenecinema
You're not alone. Well actually I've calmed down a bit compared to a couple of days ago - maybe I've already had my breakdown

Oh just wait you had a breakdown stage (like me) a now I'll be fine stage and when it is 2 days we'll all be like parents if you speak to me you may see a part of me which should never be seen:colondollar:
Reply 2135
Original post by JamesTheCool
So many pompous privileged oiks oinking and oinking over their multitude of A*s, which is actually the result of coming from a pathetically insecure middle class family and having over-zealous parents rather than being a superior walk of life and making everyone else feel like worthless scum.

Umad?

Oh, umad alright.

350x700px-LL-ea4fc166_maximum-over-rustle-jimmies-shaking-13537619370.gif
Original post by JamesTheCool
So many pompous privileged oiks oinking and oinking over their multitude of A*s, which is actually the result of coming from a pathetically insecure middle class family and having over-zealous parents rather than being a superior walk of life and making everyone else feel like worthless scum.

Why are you so annoyed? Did somebody fail their A-Levels?
Original post by kingdoo
Oh just wait you had a breakdown stage (like me) a now I'll be fine stage and when it is 2 days we'll all be like parents if you speak to me you may see a part of me which should never be seen:colondollar:

Yeah crazy mood swings are pretty much exactly what is happening
I have a nose bleed hope it isn't a bad sign
Does anybody know when Track will confirm your places? I've heard differing opinions that range from 1AM - 8AM?