The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by needtosucceed=)
pretty much impossible

Although they (rarely) give out EE offers to exceptional students (especially Oxbridge). Right?
Original post by xxrebeccabexixx
people are always trying to relax me

"as long as you tried your best, thats all you can do"

"it wont be the end of the world"

"your life wont over if you dont get in to your firm"

"everything that happens, happens for a reason"

yeah..... THAT DOESN'T HELP ME!!!

SHUT UP! LET ME CRAWL INTO A HOLE AND GET OUT WHEN MY RESULTS ARE OUT, STOP TALKING!

Exactly this!
Original post by James A
Guys, I would advise that you practice logging into track, just to avoid complications on results day.

I forgot my track password, so I have to reset it now :teehee:

I tried it and it was fine, but i'll probably forget it on the day due to nerves/panic :eek:
Reply 2943
Original post by Myocardium
Had my first results day dream last night. I dreamt I got 31/90 for a chemistry resit (OCR F324) that I thought had gone well irl and a couple E's and G's and that I hadn't met my offer.

I also dreamt that I got a couple of D's, but also that the word 'deuce' was written in place of the letter D :lolwut: I think my brain is trying to tell me something...

It's telling you to brace yourselves - for something that could go one of 2 ways :biggrin:
Original post by Ndella
I'm happy we have a strictly AS thread, most people were talking about firms and all that so the confusion for me is gone lol. I'm really concerned I won't pass history as I would like to study it at uni, and I didn't even finish :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! I'm hoping to do history and politics, and I was so nervous in the exam that my writing was illegible! What exam board are you on?
Original post by 002
Really?!! I thought that they only got them the day before like our schools do? :eek:

Nope, universities get our results today (it was either today or yesterday! ), schools get them one day before us.
Original post by Cryl
Hmm did anyone try and see progress of their accommodation application for some hints as to whether they got their firm or not. I tried it and it still says "submitted" :frown: Has anyone tried this in the past; do they process your accommodation just before the results day?

I tried that, but it's not letting me log in!
Noooo, Southampton! Don't delete me from your system! :cry2: :crazy:
Original post by jodyspelling
5 people in my year got unconditionals for Birmingham university this year for economics!

Forgot about that, but it's a very isolated case - it's the only university I've heard of who does that.
Original post by wolf-pack
Me too! I'm hoping to do history and politics, and I was so nervous in the exam that my writing was illegible! What exam board are you on?

Edexcel for politicis, wbu?
Reply 2949
Maths, Further Maths, Chem and Physics ahhhhh hope we're all genuinely happy with our results
Reply 2950
Original post by x0x
Is it really hard to get an unconditional offer in your opinion if you haven't received your a level results yet?

A girl who went to my sixth form a few years ago had an unconditional offer from LIPA before she had done her A levels (she started uni in 2010). It was some sort of design or acting course. I think it's rare for more academic courses to give out unconditional offers when you don't already have your A levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tuya
Although they (rarely) give out EE offers to exceptional students (especially Oxbridge). Right?

whats an ee offer?
Original post by Myocardium
Had my first results day dream last night. I dreamt I got 31/90 for a chemistry resit (OCR F324) that I thought had gone well irl and a couple E's and G's and that I hadn't met my offer.

I also dreamt that I got a couple of d's but also that the word 'deuce' was written in place of the letter D :lolwut: I think my brain is trying to tell me something...

can you even get g's these days :confused::eek:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2953
Original post by RoseBrilliante
I'm looking forward to it (not) :cry:

Don't worry, you'll see the funny side when you wake up, they tend to be ridiculous :smile:
Original post by Cryl
Yeah, I also don't think I failed really badly. But apart from that, I have no idea how it went. Anyway, good luck!

you too!! :biggrin:
Reply 2955
whats an ee offer?

You need the grades E and E:wink:
can you even get g's these days :confused::eek:

Nah (A*)ABCDE are pass grades and then there's U for a fail
Original post by bunny96
Don't worry, you'll see the funny side when you wake up, they tend to be ridiculous :smile:

It's just so real when you're actually in the dream though, but I do like waking up and realising that my UUUU (sometimes HTYG haha) was not real and then I get a massive rush of relief as I collapse back on my back and resume sleep.

On the contrary, I hate when I get AAAA and then wake up and realise that those results weren't real; I normally assume the fetal position and stay like that until I get hungry
Original post by x0x
Is it really hard to get an unconditional offer in your opinion if you haven't received your a level results yet?

For a subject that depends upon your academic results, it's extremely rare. More often than not, unconditional offers are given to students whose courses are performance based, eg: someone who applied to a conservatoire or LAMDA/RADA/Guildhall.
One of my teachers had an EEE offer to study maths at Oxford, but that was in the 70's, unfortunately.
Isn't it funny how all of a sudden it seems like yesterday that we were on Miracle Day's results day thread which said '54 days to go' and now it's 4 days to go!

How time flies!

Latest