The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leah14
On the ucas website it says on track it opens on Wednesday so wont we know then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish it did, but I'm fairly certain it doesn't. :redface:
From the UCAS website -
UCAS Track updates are suspended from 18:00 on 9 August

Updates to UCAS Track are suspended from 18:00 on 9 August while we process examination results. Any updates to your application will be displayed from 08:00 on 15 August.
Original post by Flowerii
x

I'm getting dominos and collating various clearing places (with varying entry requirements), just in case.
Original post by leah14
I went onto track logged in and it says its closed until Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think it does,
Original post by leah14
I went onto track logged in and it says its closed until Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I see what you mean;

Limited Functionality.
Updates to Track have been suspended between Friday 9 August and Wednesday 14 August while we process exam results. During this time you will only be able to make limited changes to your application. Any updates to your application will be displayed after this period.

It's not very clearly worded. It means up to, and including the 14th August.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3584
Original post by yarshad
Omg same,

I've literally immersed myself this whole year in preparing and hyping up for uni, yet it's not even been confirmed I'll go there :/

Haha, I've literally planned all the societies I want to join, all the stuff I want to get for my room, what I will do on a daily basis and EVERYTHING! Arghh :s-smilie:
Reply 3585
Original post by Flowerii
Oh, I see what you mean;

It's not very clearly worded. It means up to and including the 14th August. Phooey.

So it does say Wednesday. ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3586
Original post by awkwardusername
I know this has probably been asked but I've been following this thread and I can't remember if anyone actually answered it but:

On results day, if UCAS still says "conditional" next to your firm choice (for arguments sake, say you don't have an insurance cause it saves confusion) but yeah it says "conditional" next to your firm when it goes live at 8am...
Does that mean that the uni hasn't decided yet and you need to ring them?
Or is it just that UCAS hasn't updated? If so, when will it "re-updated" if that makes sense?

Original post by clydeshen411
no, it can take several daysfor the ucas to be updated

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it remains conditional and you have to assume it is undecided. If your results are at or above your offer you need to call and ask what the problem is. If your results are below it means they have not accepted you but trying to decide if they can still take you. So you call and tell them why you think they should take you.
Original post by gman10
Haha, I've literally planned all the societies I want to join, all the stuff I want to get for my room, what I will do on a daily basis and EVERYTHING! Arghh :s-smilie:

This is my life.

I've even started applying for jobs near the university! which is really awkward if I get them and don't get into the actual university :L ahah
Reply 3588
Does anyone know if university applicant portals show application updates early on Thursday too, before track? (Specifically Nottingham :tongue: ) being hopeful haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3589
Is it true that last year ocr grade boundaries were released on Tuesday?
Original post by jessjess
Does anyone know if university applicant portals show application updates early on Thursday too, before track? (Specifically Nottingham :tongue: ) being hopeful haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCAS ask universities to be sure that any applicant portals don't go live before Track...so probably not unless Nottingham are being naughty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not certain about Nottingham specifically, but I'd hesitantly guess 'yes'. I got an email from my insurance QUB telling me that I can "beat the rush" on results day by using their online portal.
Decisions from QUB will be available from "7.00 am on Thursday 15th August", according to that email.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by BenJenks
I feel exactly the same! Results day this year is nothing compared to what we will have to go through next year, as all the former year 13s on this thread can relate to, I'm sure :tongue: It is also going to be worse for a lot of schools because last year after the exam period, some had to go back for a month to do A2 work which took our minds off results day, but obviously next year, when the exam period is over, the holidays can begin. That's an extra month of nervousness and waiting for something that determines EVERYTHING. Never mind, I guess we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it ay! :smile:

As a former year 13 , i actually dont feel nervous, i was exactly how you were now last year and in all fairness my results last year werent great but with onnly 3 days left I'm still not overly nervous about my results and not panicking about not getting in either, im sure on thursday morning i will but atm im just focused on other things :smile:
Reply 3593
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
Here's one I can't figure out...so my offer is AAA, if I wanted to do Adjustment, would getting AAAB (or AAAA), class as exceeding my offer, or would I need to get A*AA?

Since your offer is based on 3 A2's i'd say A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nottingham's my firm, and I'm pretty sure you can use them almost as early as Track! They're locked down until the big day, and I'm assuming they'll open admissions early.
Reply 3595
Original post by BenJenks
I feel exactly the same! Results day this year is nothing compared to what we will have to go through next year, as all the former year 13s on this thread can relate to, I'm sure :tongue: It is also going to be worse for a lot of schools because last year after the exam period, some had to go back for a month to do A2 work which took our minds off results day, but obviously next year, when the exam period is over, the holidays can begin. That's an extra month of nervousness and waiting for something that determines EVERYTHING. Never mind, I guess we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it ay! :smile:

Precisely! I guess I'll kind of appreciate not having to go back in... I'll just have to find something to do. :frown: It'll be that weird mix of excitement and nervousness, but yeah, wait and see. :s-smilie: Good luck! What subjects have you done? :smile:

Original post by Silcce
I really like your username xD. I think AS is less stressful because you have another year but when you go to A2, you have a goal or an aim and instinctively work harder if that helps? Last year I wasn't stressed over my results because I knew I could do them again/ have the opportunity to work harder, and I got crappy grades, but it didn't feel like the end of the world and I actually knew what I did wrong last year. This year, I was a fricken angel/saint, so I better get into my firm xD

:teehee: Thank you! To be fair, I made this account years ago... probably the same amount of time since I last listened to them. :colondollar:
I guess, I'm hoping that uni will push me through the year, because I really don't feel like I did enough work at AS. And we don't have any January exams which is basically the worst thing that can happen. :rolleyes: Good luck, what course + where have you firmed?
Reply 3596
Original post by sneha.vag
What made you withdraw your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw what you did there.:rolleyes:. :cool:
Original post by sneha.vag
What made you withdraw your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your name having 'vag' in it makes this even better
Reply 3598
My greatest fear: sleeping though results days because I 'forgot' to sleep the previous night!
Reply 3599
Original post by HappyBunny'93
Okay, fair enough- then everybody else's emails are going to be different to the one I received not too long ago.

:confused: Am I missing something here ?

Edit read you explanation in the next post. Happybunny93 the key being 93. You are already in univ ?
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest