The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NedStark
Looks like you did OCR Econ?

If so, how'd you find the micro paper? Thought that was hands down my hardest paper this year. :frown:

I'm looking at a C grade, which is great for someone looking to apply for Economics.

Don't suppose you also write a bit on the evaluation questions? I went crazy writing 6 points of evaluation which seriously unbalanced the essay. A friend of mine then said, unbalancing causes you to lose marks.

I did talk about it a bit too much lol, I mentioned the circular flow of income, size, raw materials, necessities, multiplier effect, D/S exchange rate model, AD/AS diagram unemployment other stuff etc. I hope they don't discredit me for putting too much.

I think I made about 7 evaluation points lmao, I got 18/18 in my econ1 essay in January so I have no idea :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4701
Original post by Bloxorus
I did it this year and I think its my only subject where I have no idea whether I've done well or not.

Did you write on a micro paper both about positive and negative externalities in the last question? If you remember of course ahah
Original post by Ché.
You're awesome, alright!
Thank you very much for the insight!

GOOD LUCK TOO!
:wink::smile::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is alright haha.

good luck to you too:biggrin:
Original post by rageagainstessays
Shut up with your uni education.

Feeling stressed are we? Its gonna be a tough couple of days, hang in there rage.
Original post by Robbie242
I did talk about it a bit too much lol, I mentioned the circular flow of income, size, raw materials, necessities, multiplier effect, D/S exchange rate model, AD/AS diagram unemployment other stuff etc. I hope they don't discredit me for putting too much.

I think I made about 7 evaluation points lmao, I got 18/18 in my econ1 essay in January so I have no idea :colondollar:

18/18? Looks like you had micro sorted. What'd did you get for it overall? (UMS-wise)
Reply 4705
Original post by kingdoo
That is alright haha.

good luck to you too:biggrin:

:biggrin::smile:...
What are your grade expectancies and in what subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Itachi Uchiha.
How you finding the Ukcat?

The timing is really getting to me :frown: -and when i rush i cant think straight!
Dammit

I dont know why but i feel slightly confident :s

Best thing is to NEVER aim to finish all the questions 100% correctly as that is impossible with the time limit. Aim to answer 70-80% accurately then guesstimate the rest. Even if you get the guesses wrong you will still have a solid score

Also if you feel you cant do a question FLAG & MOVE ON !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it just grade boundaries coming out at midnight? Or is it the mark schemes as well? :smile:
Reply 4708
I cant for the life of me find out where I saw it, but I saw that grade boundaries come out at 12:01 tonight, is this true?
Original post by Ollymurslove
Is it just grade boundaries coming out at midnight? Or is it the mark schemes as well? :smile:

Mark schemes aren't publically released until after the next exam season, which will be next June.
Original post by joereed
I cant for the life of me find out where I saw it, but I saw that grade boundaries come out at 12:01 tonight, is this true?

For OCR and Edexcel, I believe so.
Reply 4711

Some mark schemes are floating around, but they're probably coming out a little later I feel... After the examination season and all...

Independent threads for each module will probably have found them by now!
:frown::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PythianLegume
Mark schemes aren't publically released until after the next exam season, which will be next June.

Ah thank you! Edexcel ones have already been posted though haven't they? I saw them on the thread a while back as someone had the password to access them or something, so could that happen with the others if someone has a password?
Original post by NedStark
18/18? Looks like you had micro sorted. What'd did you get for it overall? (UMS-wise)

84 overall, the other questions proved more of a challenge
I'm about to go on holiday but I just wanted to say good luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 4715
Original post by BenJenks
Maths is greeeeeeeaaattt! haha :wink: ohhh that's interesting! Only doing AS though so I can't share in that stat :/ Wow Japanese! If I could choose to suddenly be fluent in a language of my choice, I would choose Japanese just because it sounds so awesome :biggrin: Respect to you for doing it, I've never been able to get my head around other languages haha :tongue: Ohhhhh, I really like Psychology, but it is supposed to get really difficult for A2 apparently so maybe it'll be a lucky escape! :tongue: I'm on AQA and i do Psychology A, how bout you?? :smile:

Oh yeah, fair point. :rolleyes: Still, it's encouraging if you're good at maths haha.
Really? Yeah it's not easy, though my school does it at GCSE too and pretty much everyone gets A*-C but I think it's just because we can't actually speak it. :biggrin: It takes like the whole of year 7 and 8 to learn 2 of the alphabets. :s-smilie: But yeah, give it a go sometime! It's super fun, hence why I was dumb enough to think the A-level was a good idea. :rolleyes:
Saaaaaame! Ugh, I found the papers kind of odd this year. :frown: I think everyone had predicted the 12 mark in unit 1 on cultural differences, but still...
Ah thank you! Edexcel ones have already been posted though haven't they? I saw them on the thread a while back as someone had the password to access them or something, so could that happen with the others if someone has a password?

I haven't seen any edexcel mark schemes, only unofficial ones. If someone has a password, they may leak, but the exam boards (and TSR) are good at keeping them under lock and key. Only teachers and exam boards have access to the mark schemes, and it isn't in teachers' interest to release them, because they use them as mock exams.
Original post by Ché.
Lets do it!
Lets!

Haha!
What's your career prospects at University and beyond!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha luckily there are about 10 people in my year who want to do it and we have this legendary maths teacher who has agreed to do us in our own class so it should be good.

I'm hoping to do an economics and management degree somewhere, that's about where my plans end.

What about you? :smile:
Original post by joereed

Last year they were not on until morning around 6am, so like the track update I wouldn't be banking on 12:01!
Reply 4719
Just had my driving lesson so I have actually got nothing planned until Thursday now. Downloading a **** load of films and going to try find GoT season 1 to download in full ready for tomorrow :tongue:

Latest