The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

2 DAYS and ill see if I am going to Universityyyyyy!!!!!
Original post by kitkat19
How do you know this?! This info is golddust...although I'm gutted AQA isnt till the morning *cry*

I think it's folklore round these parts... *Southern American accent*
Original post by kevsamuel
Anyone awaiting their AS results here?

I reckon I'll get ABCC (Chemistry, Spanish, Maths, Biology) All Edexcel. I really ****ed up M1 and Unit 2 Bio didn't get to finish :|

I am

I did edexcel M1 that exam was fairly tough. At least they aren't fails I suppose. For the record I do Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History
Anyone know if Cambridge (econ) consider maths and further maths 2 different AS levels? i.e. top 3 UMS average will be from maths, fm, econ?
Original post by Robbie242
I am

I did edexcel M1 that exam was fairly tough. At least they aren't fails I suppose. For the record I do Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History

do you do economics with the exam board AQA?
Original post by JOR2010
Well, any would be a bonus! What are you aiming for?

Well I was judging on the January grade boundaries- around 85 UMS marks for both. I got 90 in my mocks but my teachers aren't incredibly vigorous markers. I want an A overall for AS but if I get a B, I'm not gonna cry because I can still change it.
Original post by Sapphire123
do you do economics with the exam board AQA?

OCR sorry
Original post by Lunch_Box
Anyone know if Cambridge (econ) consider maths and further maths 2 different AS levels? i.e. top 3 UMS average will be from maths, fm, econ?

I think they do.
Original post by meegii
Yes, at Man Met :smile: What about you?

Oh my god YES! It's my firm, what's your offer? :smile: You are the first person I know that wants to do it, were you there at the Applicant Day earlier on in the year?
Original post by NedStark
Agreed, second last was the hardest question, couldn't think of an evaluation point, and then the essay was terrible, I wasn't expecting information failure.

Oh well, 2 days until we find out. Worst thing with Econ is, it's too hard to tell how we've done.

yeah , its weird cos i could have got as high as 56-57 / 60 , but could have got as low as 39-40 / 60 haha. knowing me my mark is gonna be near the lower end of the spectrum though ! :tongue:

yeah loads of people at my school found the essay bad aswell , what did you think overall to the macro paper ? like you , i want to apply for Economics aswell so i really need an A in this and Maths lol - quite confident ive got an A in Maths , but dunno about this one..
Reply 4930
Hi just a nervous a.s student awaiting results, I feel more A2 students as this actually for their uni choices! Lets prey for low grade boundaries and kind examiners? 🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4931
Original post by tomble123
I've been holding back from buying any of my A2 course text books and revision guides until I get my AS results and decide which subject I'm dropping. Then after Thursday I'm going to take a few days to either celebrate or commiserate about results, then spend a few days revising my University choices (changing them according to my results), then I need to re-draft my personal statement (haven't worked on that in a few weeks) and finally start some preparations for A2. :tongue:

Nice, little plans going on there!
In the similar positions to you at the moment too but I am wondering why you have to buy your own ones!?
Doesn't your school supply you with one for ray subject!? Or...
Is it just mine that is one that does!?

What subjects are you awaiting and what grades are predicting from your perspective?
:biggrin::wink::frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sneha.vag
How exactly have you prepared yourself? I can't seem to do that! :mad:

just by repeatedly telling myself that even if i get BBBC and i take the BBB on , i can still be predicted to get AAA and get a decent Uni :tongue:
Reply 4933
Literally not going to move from my bed until I get my results :s-smilie:
On the UCAS website it says that track will open at 8am, I was just wondering if they say that every year and open slightly earlier or is this new and they really won't update it until 8am?
Original post by Buongiorno
On the UCAS website it says that track will open at 8am, I was just wondering if they say that every year and open slightly earlier or is this new and they really won't update it until 8am?

I hope they open at 7 like they usually would - I'm heading into school at 8 and want to know before I go in so that I'm prepared for disappointment :/
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone could tell me for sure whether the universities already know our results and have made their decision? I was on the phone with the admissions office to Imperial College regarding an enquiry and when the lady opened my file she sounded a lot like she already knew whether I'd met my offer grades or not. :s-smilie:
Reply 4937
Last year they opened 8:30 as I was told by last years A2's...
the scariest irony is that the uni's of our choices already know of our fates!
Has there been any news on when the AQA/Edexcel grade boundaries are to be released?
Original post by Tanmayee
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone could tell me for sure whether the universities already know our results and have made their decision? I was on the phone with the admissions office to Imperial College regarding an enquiry and when the lady opened my file she sounded a lot like she already knew whether I'd met my offer grades or not. :s-smilie:

She knew :wink:

Latest