The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Less than 6 Hours till OCR grade boundaries are released :biggrin:
Original post by blueeyedgirl
Ask them?

yeah he says..he has had his place confirmed since sunday and he thought this was normal! very strange
Reply 5262
Original post by The Fuculator
That wasn't me.

Immature whoever it was :tongue: With stress and anxiety running so high on this thread, I think it's wise to be careful is all...
Reply 5263
Original post by DJMayes
Bernadette is one of the few new characters I can stand. What upsets me is that, at the start, the show was geared to have jokes for nerds; jokes about trigonometric functions, calculus and actual Physics. These have been slowly phased out and the show has turned into jokes about nerds. Essentially I feel that when the show exploded into popularity it felt like it needed to stay there and began catering to the lowest common denominator. I would like episodes that are less of "Oh, he looks stupid recording himself with flags, hurr durr" and more genuinely funny scientific or mathematical jokes. The last one I can remember was in season 4: "What would you be if you were attached to a plane wrapped heligally around an axis? Screwed! There you go then."

I kind of agree, but I never really felt the 'smart' jokes were believable anyway, and really made me think less of Sheldon. "I feel like an inverse tangent function approaching an asymptote!" = Stuck. What? Why need it be inverse, or even a tangent function? :/
Original post by Hannah-95
I've been on instagram and some students have uploaded pictures of the new UCAS track having changed status and have said they have been accepted...how is this possible?? if UCAS doesn't go live till thursday.

2tfljEl.png

Quite easily edited, as you can see.. but I'm sure I edited something wrong in mine
Original post by pak1994
I have to say that I don't know what I'd do in such a situation, and I can see the pros and cons of both options.
Good luck anyway though, hopefully you'll have done better than you think anyway! :smile:

thank you! hopefully all this worrying is for nothing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's meme time :cool:
Original post by James A

It's meme time :cool:

Please no :angry:
Original post by holyfire
thank you! hopefully all this worrying is for nothing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly (if only I could tell myself this)!
Original post by pak1994
Exactly (if only I could tell myself this)!

good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Unashamed Geek
Nice. I am still not sure whether I want to do theoretical physics or maths yet, but at Queens as well :smile:

I would be happy with a B in geography after how I messed up one of the exams :tongue: My other targets are high though :biggrin:

I might see you at Elms village(?) at some point, you just won't know who I am and vice versa haha. Oh Theoretical sounds interesting. I was looking at Applied Maths with physics myself but we'll see what I get....

You'll get an A at least, the scaling should be generous... :smile:
Original post by pak1994
Interesting distraction. I hope it's not only for that reason...:s-smilie:

it's not :P me and my girlfriend are getting them done together before we go to uni but it gets me out of the house and away from freaking out for a while :P

because having someone come at your areola with a needle is an excellent way to stop freaking out :rolleyes:
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
2tfljEl.png

Quite easily edited, as you can see.. but I'm sure I edited something wrong in mine

wow that looks so realistic...thanks..maybe he isn't telling the truth then :smile:

Thanks! I'm trying not to stress, but my family just doesn't help matters... :frown:
Original post by Rosasaurr
it's not :P me and my girlfriend are getting them done together before we go to uni but it gets me out of the house and away from freaking out for a while :P

because having someone come at your areola with a needle is an excellent way to stop freaking out :rolleyes:

Good, because that would be quite an extreme way to go for a distraction...:eek:
Original post by DJMayes
Bernadette is one of the few new characters I can stand. What upsets me is that, at the start, the show was geared to have jokes for nerds; jokes about trigonometric functions, calculus and actual Physics. These have been slowly phased out and the show has turned into jokes about nerds. Essentially I feel that when the show exploded into popularity it felt like it needed to stay there and began catering to the lowest common denominator. I would like episodes that are less of "Oh, he looks stupid recording himself with flags, hurr durr" and more genuinely funny scientific or mathematical jokes. The last one I can remember was in season 4: "What would you be if you were attached to a plane wrapped heligally around an axis? Screwed! There you go then."

Yeah, the thing is Bernadette is alright, I just preferred the Howard of season 1 and 2 who'd hit on anything with a pulse...his chat up lines were first class! :biggrin:.
The fact that the show has deviated from what it was originally is really annoying. I completely agree with the bit in bold. The show used to stand out because of those jokes, it was different. Now its just too mainstream and bleurgh for lack of a better term.
Leonard's become awfully mundane through the seasons as well.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted (good upto season 3ish).
I'm off to start re-watching House from the start, that show never disappointed :biggrin:.
Getting agonisingly close and i'm getting really scared.It's only AS so the feeling will be on a different level on results day next year,will all the hard work i thought i did during my exams pay off.I've literally prayed to God(s) since august and i'm so scared ergh If i don't get AAB i'm not going Kings.Too scared now.
Original post by pak1994
Good, because that would be quite an extreme way to go for a distraction...:eek:

true :') but I would have a souvenir from this *distressing* time :P
Reply 5278
Teachers get our results tomorrow, right? :ashamed2:
Original post by holyfire
Ah you had bad teachers too? :frown: we had to do Feminine Gospels by Duffy, most of which I wasn't a fan of. That section went better than the extract though I literally made the context bits up :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, one was absolutely terrible. We spent months on one book and so ran out of time for the others. Even then I had to teach most of it myself. She also refused to mark my coursework originally because it was 100 words over. I had no clue what I was doing and wanted a bit of direction! Oh I see! I made up a lot of my last one :frown:

What makes it worse, is that there always seems to be issues with marking in English Lit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest