The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pirateprincess
Hey guys, I'm out of the country on holiday. Do you think that there might be a problem with the school not wanting to tell me the results over the phone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school said so, contact them now and check it's really annoying though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know when AQA will release their markschemes?
Original post by ViolentMind
Anyone know when AQA will release their markschemes?

About July 2014.
Original post by Where'sPerry?
On the UCAS website earlier it said that their "opening hours" tomorrow are 7:30am to something. I can't get onto the website right now though.

The FP2 grade boundaries make me sad. FP3's are alright I guess.

Didn't do M3 or M4, sorry!

The FP2 paper was easy but making the A grade higher than 100ums for C3 was stupid :dry: Also I was hoping for lower with FP3 because of the reaction I saw others :sad:

How is everyone going to spend their night? I'm probably gonna end up watching a lot of films till I fall asleep and I'm kinda upset that I will have to get up at 7:30 so I can get to college to collect my results last year it was later :frown:
I'm waiting on my AS results. Dreading it so much, might just go pack my bags. :frown:
Original post by JordanS94
The FP2 paper was easy but making the A grade higher than 100ums for C3 was stupid :dry: Also I was hoping for lower with FP3 because of the reaction I saw others :sad:

How is everyone going to spend their night? I'm probably gonna end up watching a lot of films till I fall asleep and I'm kinda upset that I will have to get up at 7:30 so I can get to college to collect my results last year it was later :frown:

The FP3 one just make me feeling like to murder someone, not sure yet if the someone is me or someone in edexcel...
Original post by thers
Is the UCAS website down? I can't access it.

Same here, I just wanted to make sure I actually know my track password!
Reply 8247

I will go to sleep if I'm tired but I doubt I will. I hate lying in bed awake so will probably end up watching films and rewatching GoT :redface: Get my results online at 6am so will have an alarm set for 5.50 regardless :tongue:
Reply 8248
Original post by Pirateprincess
Hey guys, I'm out of the country on holiday. Do you think that there might be a problem with the school not wanting to tell me the results over the phone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite possibly. Best to nominate someone in writing

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
tomorrow will feel nearly as epic as when I got realm first kill of Ragnoras HC :colone:

*trust me I valued that kill more than my entire set of GCSE results, no wonder since quitting my grades have shot up

I almost dropped Further Maths about a month before the exams because I was struggling so much, so I found both of them difficult :tongue: I didn't finish FP3 though. I had a feeling FP2 was an alright paper (even though I know I made mistakes) so I'm not surprised by the grade boundaries, just disappointed :redface: I just really hope I got a B overall.
Original post by kidomo
How do you define intelligence?

Someone can that explain and communicate their subject effectively and has a wide vocabulary to go with it and knows what they're doing + passion for whatever it is they're doing.
So what happens at midnight? Will all clearing places be up on show immediately?
Reply 8253
Garrrrr I've got butterflies in my stomach!!! Good luck everyone :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ladynova
So what happens at midnight? Will all clearing places be up on show immediately?

Clearing places are already advertised from some unis.
Original post by knowledgecorruptz
That's my point. An inflated vocabulary is in no way synonymous with a higher IQ or a deeper intelligence. It seems very odd to me that you would choose to measure intellect in such a fashion.

It's not just an inflated vocabulary. It's being able to understand the words you're saying and explain that into simpler terms. Any idiot can read a dense piece of text, but only certain people can talk about the philosophy of [insert esoteric subject here].
Reply 8257
Original post by lilGem
We're few and far between :erm:

It wouldn't surprise me, the questions were so sporadic as well over such a small part of the spec :erm:

bloody welsh :P
Original post by im so academic
Someone can that explain and communicate their subject effectively and has a wide vocabulary to go with it and knows what they're doing + passion for whatever it is they're doing.

That's not intelligence at all lol, passion?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone wanna predict what hour this thread will reach 10k posts?

I'm guessing around tomorrow at 3am ??
(edited 10 years ago)