The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Divergent
Aw no. Seriously?
That's just killed my clearing option then. If it went completely horrendous on results day I was thinking of applying to Keele for a different course or York St. John for a completely (seriously completely) different course.
Oh well :P

& thanks for the info above. Seriously helpful x

It won't stop you applying elsewhere. Just as long as you can explain
a) why you want to do the new subject and
b) why this is a considered decision that you're not going to change your mind again

LOADS of people apply for different subjects through clearing - it's absolutely normal
Original post by study beats
it affected my studies because...

and its getting worse day by day :frown:

How are you going to explain to your universities that it isn't going to continue to affect your studies when you do your degree?

I would seriously suggest taking a gap year and taking some time to see if you can start to manage your symptoms so that they aren't having such an impact on your daily life before you change city, home, the people around you and routine to go to university.

You'd be choosing to put yourself in a new place, usually a shared living space with strangers, away from any support you have at the moment and then expecting to be able to cope with studying a potentially new subject in a new way....all of that stress isn't something to subject yourself to if you aren't in a good place.
Original post by study beats
it affected my studies because...

i spent hours and hours in the toilet washing my hands, checking if my face will touch the toilet brush, checking if my face will touch the toilet and inside the toilet, washing my arms/face/neck, checking my boxers again and again, thinking urine splashes will go into my mouth when peeing, having a difficult time washing my bum after taking a poop...and having a fear of all these things...
wastes around 1-4 hours time in the toilet and tires me out causes mental exhaustion ...

when i have sexual thoughts for 1-2 mins , i feel i might have pre ejaculated or leaked from down there....so i am scared to bend down in case semen goes in my mouth and i avoid letting any things touch my crotch area

when walking on pavement i check everytime if i stepped on something dirty and repeat my footsteps again and again...

also i have to face away from the toilet everytime i walk past by it, i repeat again and again.......when in my room i hesitate to look in the direction of the toilet...

spend 2-4 hours just to take a shower, scared my face might touch my penis, repeat again and again...

have to wash the dishes, wash spoons, check spoons, only take clean dishes to eat food

i dont allow anything to touch my crotch area

plus i wash my hands 10 times...and also my face, arms and neck...

plus more symptons.....

and its getting worse day by day :frown:

That does sound really bad. How are you planning on coping at uni?
Original post by PQ
How are you going to explain to your universities that it isn't going to continue to affect your studies when you do your degree?

I would seriously suggest taking a gap year and taking some time to see if you can start to manage your symptoms so that they aren't having such an impact on your daily life before you change city, home, the people around you and routine to go to university.

You'd be choosing to put yourself in a new place, usually a shared living space with strangers, away from any support you have at the moment and then expecting to be able to cope with studying a potentially new subject in a new way....all of that stress isn't something to subject yourself to if you aren't in a good place.

i already got counselling therapist before and it helped..

getting treatment wish psychiatrist in 3/4 days and i know i will be able to recover and hopefully manage more of it..

the only reason its getting a bit worse is because right now my life is really crap and full of depression...once i am gonna get the treatment and turn my life around, i know i can beat my OCD...

plus i am going to live at home, so yeah....
Original post by Blob2491
That does sound really bad. How are you planning on coping at uni?

like i always coped in life....struggle! pain! struggle! pain!
Reply 965
I wish we received more education on mental health in school because reading that guys post, there is so much doubt on how serious his condition is but just purely because I'm ignorant on the matter =/.
Reply 966
Original post by Pedd
I'm a year behind you, so perhaps my choice is more subject to change than yours. Regardless, I've fallen in love with UCL. :wink:

What branch of academia do you plan to read?

You might have to reconsider, as I'm unsure as to whether UCL have a rowing team or not.
Original post by Hullo
This way, the days go faster :biggrin:

Trueee! And I've like 45 hours of work over this friday-sunday :frown: yayy! (sarcasm) haha but at least time will go faster :smile:
Original post by Padouken
Goodbye first rate education, hello the university of Lincoln.

That's not nice. How do you think that person feels?
Reply 969
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Just got my edexcel results plus login

A week left - I can't believe it!
I'm so scared and cant imagine what its like for people actually in year 12/13!

Also, I saw my gcse papers from last november in depth - i got 98 in non calculator but 89 in calculator so....

So... Why are you telling us this?
Reply 970
if you were to get an email on Monday regarding accommodation details or something then surely that means you've been accepted by that UNI -------right?:confused:
Original post by JENG
if you were to get an email on Monday regarding accommodation details or something then surely that means you've been accepted by that UNI -------right?:confused:

nope

unis CAN'T send you anything with reference to your results - any emails you get are just marketing messages.
Reply 972
Just wanted to know from you guys, what University would you firm out of

. Imperial College London
. Kings College London

For medicine? :biggrin:
Can't believe it's one week away! Time has flown by :tongue:
Reply 974
Original post by venenecinema
That's not nice. How do you think that person feels?

completely agree--- I mean most of this persons posts have been very "FRANK"
Reply 975
Original post by Padouken
He's a troll. You honestly think he would be able to type out that long winded message of his life story without checking whether or not something touched his penis? Come on, that message would have taken at least an hour.

Is it bad that my first question to him would be "Do you ****?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AhmedDavid

. Kings College London

Imperial 100% no question
Reply 977

. Kings College London

Why would my choice matter? Do your own research. I chose neither. Uh oh, mind ****.

. Kings College London

I really don't think it matters - there's nothing generally better about either for medicine, so it's up to your personal choice.
Reply 979
Original post by JENG

it could be coincidence..

Latest