The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

you can eat up 4 minutes and a half with this beauty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mn_PIAh72A
Original post by Huntx
Do universities get our results one week earlier? or how much earlier? Because if thats the case i heard track may change as early as one week before results day for some. is this true? or are offers made on results day. otherwise im getting on track now!!

Track won't update until the 15th. UCAS already have the results, universities get them tomorrow and Sunday.
Original post by Huntx
Do universities get our results one week earlier? or how much earlier? Because if thats the case i heard track may change as early as one week before results day for some. is this true? or are offers made on results day. otherwise im getting on track now!!

They do but they can't put them on Track until results day. It doesn't change until Track opens officially, whenever that may be.
Reply 1403
Original post by PythianLegume
Track won't update until the 15th. UCAS already have the results, universities get them tomorrow and Sunday.

intense
Reply 1404
i wish i had contacts at UCAS.

Those things will look good, but remember that universities are very interested in why you want to study that subject - I always say 2/3 academic, 1/3 extra-curricular.

This.

Also, don't try and write all proper and flowery, it will just come off as silly. I saw pretty smart people at my school doing around 8 drafts because they just came off as rather pretentious. I wrote as I speak, save the occasional slang obviously, and only needed to do one draft. Hey, got all of my offers, must have worked..
Original post by Huntx
i wish i had contacts at UCAS.

Me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OwlPatronus
Would anyone happen to know exactly what the email from UCAS on the morning of results day will look like (assuming track has updated)? Is it just be the usual 'something has changed in your application' or can you tell from the subject line whether it's good news?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're confirmed at your firm or insurance then you will get the AS12 letter.

If you're in clearing you'll get the AS13 letter (although the wording is much more sepcific to clearing with instructions on what to do)

(linked under the "Related Documents" list here: http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/advisers-and-referees/guides-and-resources/applicant-letters-and-guides

If your firm is still conditional OR your firm has rejected you and your insurance is still conditional then you will not recieve an email.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by XxMagicMezziexX
Anyone else just really bored of waiting now...
Time is passing far too slow so I have asked work to give me as many hours just to pass the time...

I kind of am bored of waiting. Worst part is I don't have much to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This may as well be it - there's probably a Year 12 thread, though (not specifically about AS levels, but I imagine it's at the forefront of their minds).

Those things will look good, but remember that universities are very interested in why you want to study that subject - I always say 2/3 academic, 1/3 extra-curricular.

I am interested in improving the world which is where the National citizen service, DOFE volunteering and others fit in.:biggrin: I am interested in the spread of the disease and poverty which I have am basing my PS on.
Original post by Padouken
you can eat up 4 minutes and a half with this beauty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mn_PIAh72A

Argh the memories
Does anyone know if leaving your browser open on midnight of the 15th and then refreshing it at about 6am to see if you've been accepted still works? I know someone that did it about 2 years ago, wondering if UCAS have undergone some massive overhaul to stop people doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1412
Original post by Frostyjoe
Yes I thought it was ok. But the coursework is worrying me, my teacher told us that the whole class had done really bad and that she expects no higher than C's. I'm thinking she was trying to terrify us.

I'm still worrying about my coursework at the back of my mind though as i'm not the best designer. It did take me ages especially the written one.

The design was far easier for me, I hated writing about any of it though. The wire frame diagrams destroyed me; my website was 180 pages or something ridiculous like that!

They did change the weighting of it this year though, the coursework is only worth 40% now. It seems unfair that we have to put the same effort in for less marks, but at the same time the exam is so much more straight forward that it seems a pretty good exchange.
Reply 1413
Quick question: When people say to ring the uni if they haven't rejected you and you slightly missed the offer, what number do you call?
Reply 1414
Original post by Jessie7003
AS wasn't too bad, did Russia and Germany. A2 on the other hand was terrible :frown: What modules did you take? A2, we did the Irish 1800-1900 period on Nationalism and Unionism and then the Irish 1900-1925 period. 1800-1900 wasn't so bad because you basically had to learn everything as everything comes up, but the second paper usually had a set rhythm to it where one year Home Rule was sources and the next year it wasn't and our teacher basically told us to learn Home Rule for sources and it unfortunately changed and came up as an essay :frown: I also hate Irish politics so the course bored me :frown:

I repeated the Russia AS exam in January and went way up. Repeated Germany in June.. Not sure what to think. Did Russia 1900-2000 (A2) and 1900-1925 Irish history as well.. We were in the same dilemma as you, the teacher assured us that HR would be the source so no-one learnt historiography for it and therefore couldn't really do an essay on it. It was dreadful!
Original post by AmyLH
Quick question: When people say to ring the uni if they haven't rejected you and you slightly missed the offer, what number do you call?

Check out the clearing contact lists on the results/clearing tab on TSR.

Most unis would prefer it if you ring their hotline rather than ringing any number you can find - often admissions staff will all be moved away from their normal phones to work on the hotline and will be dealing with current applicants, clearing enquiries and adjustment enquiries all at once.

Some unis do give specific numbers on their websites in the days before results day for current applicants to call so check your uni websites too.
Original post by Toya
Does anyone know if leaving your browser open on midnight of the 15th and then refreshing it at about 6am to see if you've been accepted still works? I know someone that did it about 2 years ago, wondering if UCAS have undergone some massive overhaul to stop people doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think track is closed during the morning, so how is this bypassing anything?
Reply 1417
Anyone else worried they'll miss an AAA offer?
Original post by Toya

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear it loggs you out after 15 minutes?
Original post by Toya

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't track automatically log you out if you've been inactive for too long?

Latest