The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by Tackla
I am up all night..to get lucky!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha good sense of humour for this time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday...
Hmmm..looks like 5 months remaining. :frown:

It's really only Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, because we're already in Saturday and Thursday is the day itself in the morning :tongue:
Original post by maleeha1
I am! Work weekends you see :-(

Me too! Sucks doesn't it!
anyone has the ocr chemistry A A2 mark schemes?
Really only a few days to go nlw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Work won't take my mind off results day.It will make me more nervous because I work in a pharmacy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ACBLISS
If i missed my offer but my firm still has a conditional status, is it possible to get them to reject me?

It's possible yes. Only if you've missed your offer though.
Original post by OwlPatronus
Would anyone happen to know exactly what the email from UCAS on the morning of results day will look like (assuming track has updated)? Is it just be the usual 'something has changed in your application' or can you tell from the subject line whether it's good news?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first email from UCAS looks exactly the same as others you have got 'something had changed in your application'. When you log on to UCAS, if you got in it will be the first thing you see, as it says congratulations :smile:
Then later you (may) get an email from the university.
UCAS will also send a letter upon getting a place. For unsuccessful places they'll still send the email as above (they're generic). And I THINK they may send an email saying you're in clearing (if you haven't got a place). So I don't believe you will know from te first email :smile:
Reply 1788
Does anybody know what time offers come through ucas Thursday?
Reply 1789
Anyone know if you can swap your firm and insurance once you've hot your grades if you have made both offers? And then just go to your insurance uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by igloo1
Does anybody know what time offers come through ucas Thursday?

I think by 6am-8am on wards.
Good morning guys! :smile: How is everyone feeling about doom's day being 1 day closer?
Original post by HappyBunny'93
The first email from UCAS looks exactly the same as others you have got 'something had changed in your application'. When you log on to UCAS, if you got in it will be the first thing you see, as it says congratulations :smile:
Then later you (may) get an email from the university.
UCAS will also send a letter upon getting a place. For unsuccessful places they'll still send the email as above (they're generic). And I THINK they may send an email saying you're in clearing (if you haven't got a place). So I don't believe you will know from te first email :smile:

I don't know where this information is coming from but it isn't correct.

There are 2 emails going out from UCAS on results morning:
1) To anyone who is in at their firm or insurance an email saying "congrats you are in at uni xxx for course yyyy"
2) To anyone in clearing with the fact that they're in clearing and instructions on how clearing works.

People with no change to their firm OR who are rejected by their firm and no change on their ins will not get an email.
Original post by rooosy
Anyone know if you can swap your firm and insurance once you've hot your grades if you have made both offers? And then just go to your insurance uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can'( swap.

If you get the grades for your firm your ins will assume you'll go there and will likely give your place to someone else.

If you're accepted to your firm on results morning you would have to ask to be released (which puts you into clearing) and ask your insurance to accept you via clearing.
Reply 1794
Original post by PQ
I don't know where this information is coming from but it isn't correct.

There are 2 emails going out from UCAS on results morning:
1) To anyone who is in at their firm or insurance an email saying "congrats you are in at uni xxx for course yyyy"
2) To anyone in clearing with the fact that they're in clearing and instructions on how clearing works.

People with no change to their firm OR who are rejected by their firm and no change on their ins will not get an email.

Hard to believe you're still hammering these out, why don't you make an FAQ and refer people to it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
I am too scared to go to school to collect my envelope. I would hate to find out in public that I have failed, and face the gloaters. But Thursday is also a chance to say 'see you later' to teachers and tutors and friends. Dilemma...
I have no idea what to do if I miss both firm and insurance...could someone explain to me how clearing works in relatively simple terms?! Do I have to sign up I anything? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Devina-S
I have no idea what to do if I miss both firm and insurance...could someone explain to me how clearing works in relatively simple terms?! Do I have to sign up I anything? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd advise you not to go through clearing. You're paying 9 grand for a course you didn't intend to go on in the first place. Take a gap year, retake and reapply.
Original post by CopoDeNieve
I am too scared to go to school to collect my envelope. I would hate to find out in public that I have failed, and face the gloaters. But Thursday is also a chance to say 'see you later' to teachers and tutors and friends. Dilemma...

Why not just collect it and open it when you get home?
Alternatively, you could check UCAS before you go to school to see if you've met your offer and only open the results at school if you have.
Last year my friend didn't check track before she got her results.. do you think this us too risky?

Latest