The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Original post by Dgkumar
When does the paper come out by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I presume you'll be able to buy it as soon as your newsagent opens on Thursday?

Original post by PythianLegume
Why the sad face? :curious:

Impossible dream :tongue: My mum is really excited for me to go there but I'm pretty certain I've missed the grades and whenever I talk about going to my insurance she gets really annoyed :/
Reply 1961
Original post by lillollystar
I've seen neither. The conjuring looks really scary!

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL no conjuring is terrible :mad:
Next Thursday is my birthday as well as results day, so I'm dreading the results and just wanting the birthday side of it. Trouble is, I can see myself spending my birthday in tears!

Philosophy of Religion was okay, Psychology wasn't awful... the coursework for Product Design ended up fine...
The Innovation Challenge for PD was horrific, as was the follow-up essay exam, and the French exam :frown:
Original post by bunny96
Oh cool! :five:Well I won't know for definite until I get my results, but I am considering quite a few! The ones which require AAB which I like are UCL, KCL and UEA. The unis which require ABB that I like are Manchester and Medway School of Pharmacy in Greenwich :smile:
How about you?

:five: Well at the moment on my UCAS I've put down UCL,KCL,UEA and Bath ha, just trying to work out the ABB choice at the moment. Not a fan of Bath? I don't think many offer ABB!
I'm torturing myself by looking up my Firm's tag on Tumblr. Looking at how happy everyone is (and how nice the Uni looks) is horrible when I'm 99% sure I didn't get the grades I needed. Still, fingers crossed, I s'pose.
If this makes anyone feel better I have insured uni of nottingham and on the UCAS open day I asked what happens if you miss a grade and they told me that last year 50% of people that missed their grades still got into the course. I think the newspapers and everyone on TSR put more pressure and anxiety on us! Even though I know every uni and every year is different, I think we need some optimism and realise that at the end of the day the unis want to fill their places because it's more money for them.
however..... I am so so so worried haha
Original post by James3110
:five: Well at the moment on my UCAS I've put down UCL,KCL,UEA and Bath ha, just trying to work out the ABB choice at the moment. Not a fan of Bath? I don't think many offer ABB!

hi guys I applied to pharmacy this year so can help you out

I got all 5 offers, 2 from kings+ucl which were AAB
my other 3 options were brighton, medway and kingston, all ABB.

brightons normal offer is aab but they offered me abb (no idea why) so it's worth applying there. really good place for pharmacy :smile:

if you have any more questions feel free to ask :smile:
Original post by tsrking
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL no conjuring is terrible :mad:

have u seen conjuring? i really wanna see it :biggrin:
Original post by Dgkumar
When does the paper come out by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Etoile
I presume you'll be able to buy it as soon as your newsagent opens on Thursday?

Impossible dream :tongue: My mum is really excited for me to go there but I'm pretty certain I've missed the grades and whenever I talk about going to my insurance she gets really annoyed :/

I remember reading somewhere on the telegraphs website they post clearing vacancies at midnight I think :smile:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
hi guys I applied to pharmacy this year so can help you out

I got all 5 offers, 2 from kings+ucl which were AAB
my other 3 options were brighton, medway and kingston, all ABB.

brightons normal offer is aab but they offered me abb (no idea why) so it's worth applying there. really good place for pharmacy :smile:

if you have any more questions feel free to ask :smile:

Thanks a lot! What are your predicted grades and what subjects did you do? I'm pretty sure Maths is going to be my lowest AS grade and was wondering whether they prefer Maths A2? I don't really want to carry maths on.
have u seen conjuring? i really wanna see it :biggrin:

Don't listen to them, it was amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1971
I really want to have some kind of answer to what I know is an impossible question. Essentially, I want to know if I got ABB, when my offer for Bath computer science was AAB, what are the chances I could still possibly be let in? It's obviously impossible to know but it annoys me so much and I know that one of those As has a good chance of being a B. I have friends who seem to think that university offers are actually one grade lower and that if you miss by one, you always get in anyway but this doesn't seem right and I feel like they are just tempting fate and I will miss by one and then not get in. :frown:

I feel so stressed about it that I need to write on here but then, everyone in this thread is facing the exact same thing anyway so it's not like I will get sympathy.
Reply 1972

Oh we have three in common :tongue: I live really far away from Bath hence why I might not apply
Yeah true, almost all of the really good unis ask for AAB :/ Shame
Thanks a lot! What are your predicted grades and what subjects did you do? I'm pretty sure Maths is going to be my lowest AS grade and was wondering whether they prefer Maths A2? I don't really want to carry maths on.

I did biology chemistry business studies and maths, predicted grades are AAAC in that order.
I was made to do 4 a levels but would have dropped maths if i could (got a C at AS)
for kings they prefer maths to at least AS, with a minimum grade of a C. what other subjects do you do? most unis just want chemistry and another science, so you might as well drop maths. I found it crazy hard at a2 and put no effort in :colondollar:
I got abbc at as (a in business, b's in sciences)
Original post by TheNoobyPotato
Don't listen to them, it was amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

was it as scary/gruesome as everyones says it is?
Reply 1975
Original post by FrenchNerd
They don't actually open before track updates but results are released online at 7am with my college.

Damn, everyone's sixth forms seem to be doing this. My school's website is just a shambles. :rolleyes:
Reply 1976
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Mine does - 7am. I do think it's a good thing :tongue:

Say I got my results and they were below the requirements of my firm, but Track hadn't updated, do you think we can still ring the uni in anticipation that you've missed the offer? Like, at 7:30? I mean it'd beat the phone rush hour.
Original post by Kadux
I really want to have some kind of answer to what I know is an impossible question. Essentially, I want to know if I got ABB, when my offer for Bath computer science was AAB, what are the chances I could still possibly be let in? It's obviously impossible to know but it annoys me so much and I know that one of those As has a good chance of being a B. I have friends who seem to think that university offers are actually one grade lower and that if you miss by one, you always get in anyway but this doesn't seem right and I feel like they are just tempting fate and I will miss by one and then not get in. :frown:

I feel so stressed about it that I need to write on here but then, everyone in this thread is facing the exact same thing anyway so it's not like I will get sympathy.

It depends how strong your application is overall, and your UMS marks.
Reply 1978
what uni is this?! :eek:

York/Loughborough don't start the course till October 1st.. of course i have to leave a few days before but I need to be ready by October :biggrin:
Original post by Legii
Don't worry about it! Exam results are not the be all and end all! In 10 years time you'll look back and think that all the time you spent worrying about results could have been better used :smile: Indulge in something you love, be it camping, watching TV, reading, and come back and tell us the good news once your results are out! :biggrin:

Yeah i keep telling myself this but it's really hard, i tried getting my head off it by doing activities like geocaching and reading a dance with dragons but the closer it gets to the day the further away it seems.

Latest