Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sex Addiction watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Background: I've had depression rooted in a lack of self-confidence/abusive bullying at home and school since I was 14. I was anorexic by 15 - 17. I have since recovered but during recovery I became addicted to sex and alcohol. I managed to get rid of both addictions but now the sex addiction has returned.

I feel like a night out isn't a good night unless I come home with someone and have sex. It's not healthy and I know that. I constantly crave sex. It almost feels like a drug addiction. If I don't go out and have it, I will jack off. I know that my depression has a huge role in this because sex = validation from men = self-confidence. It means I am wanted, even if I don't want myself.

Is anyone else struggling with a sex addiction? I just feel really alone and isolated with this and I want to talk to someone before I go insane. x

ReputationRep:
    Is it not viable for you to work towards finding someone to start a relationship with? Maybe you would eventually trade the sex addiction which gives you the validation, for a genuine feeling of being wanted, loved and valued more by a genuine partner for your self-confidence to recover? I don't think its strange you having sex for the feeling of validation though, it makes sense to me, even if it might be a bit taboo still...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RubberDucky18)
    Is it not viable for you to work towards finding someone to start a relationship with? Maybe you would eventually trade the sex addiction which gives you the validation, for a genuine feeling of being wanted, loved and valued more by a genuine partner for your self-confidence to recover? I don't think its strange you having sex for the feeling of validation though, it makes sense to me, even if it might be a bit taboo still...
    Thanks for the reply and understanding why I feel like it gives me validation. Some people don't get it. For me, it means I'm attractive. It's like a drug.

I've tried but no one seems to be interested. Most guys here just want a ONS or friends with benefits. I really do want a relationship because I know it would truly help me rather than this self-destructive cycle of sex. x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i understand how the validation thing works, its pretty common among younger women in our society!

Maybe you are looking in the wrong direction for guys? Are you at uni, what year of study are you doing? Its a simple fact that guys around the 18-24 age are less likely to want to be in a relationship, especially first year uni students, but that of course doesn't stand for every one! Maybe try on-line dating? Just hold out on the sex for a few dates or more if you do meet someone you like!

I know several girls, who are friends, who have an active sex life under the same circumstances, but to be fair, you are young and you may as well enjoy it whilst you can!

You say if you dont meet a guy on a night out, you 'jack off' - does this actually help you to chill out for a while after, or so you still feel the same lack of self-confidence immediately after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzykinks)
    Background: I've had depression rooted in a lack of self-confidence/abusive bullying at home and school since I was 14. I was anorexic by 15 - 17. I have since recovered but during recovery I became addicted to sex and alcohol. I managed to get rid of both addictions but now the sex addiction has returned.

I feel like a night out isn't a good night unless I come home with someone and have sex. It's not healthy and I know that. I constantly crave sex. It almost feels like a drug addiction. If I don't go out and have it, I will jack off. I know that my depression has a huge role in this because sex = validation from men = self-confidence. It means I am wanted, even if I don't want myself.

Is anyone else struggling with a sex addiction? I just feel really alone and isolated with this and I want to talk to someone before I go insane. x
    I don't believe you as you are female and females do not have a libido.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.