Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know they tell your parents if you're having suicidal thoughts and if you are self harming, but I asks my therapist what does she have to tell my mum and she had a whole list of things, I can't seem to remember. I'd be grateful if you could help me expand on the list above.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anything where you are a danger to yourself or someone else. Ask her again if you need specifics.

ReputationRep:
    A session with a therapist is confidential. Naturally, she or he tells a parent if they think you are a danger to yourself or others. Other than that, your talks about feelings, emotions and people should strictly speaking be kept confidential if you haven't given permission for anything otherwise.

TBH, you should find a therapist who you really trust!
    i had a therapist once who 'accidentally' told my mum about my sex life!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamA7)
    I know they tell your parents if you're having suicidal thoughts and if you are self harming, but I asks my therapist what does she have to tell my mum and she had a whole list of things, I can't seem to remember. I'd be grateful if you could help me expand on the list above.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They can break confidentiality if you, or someone else is at a serious and imminent risk of harm. This could include self harm, suicide or if you disclosed a plan or wish to harm others. The list is not exhaustive, but it is about risk of harm.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.