Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone — congratulations getting an offer to study at the college next year! Make sure you firm it!

Here is a link to the physics freshers 2013 group that I've set up for you. Please do join, it will be a very useful resource allowing you to speak to some people ahead of next year (makes settling easier) and also to ask any questions you have and get fast answers.

Thanks you!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/511413255562015/

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Have an offer for physics but I have some questions about the physics course.

How's the teaching over at imperial? Is it good enough to maintain the students interest in the subject or is the workload killing them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AldehydeKetone)
    Hi! Have an offer for physics but I have some questions about the physics course.

How's the teaching over the imperial? Is it good enough to maintain the students interest in the subject or is the workload killing them?
    It's fair to say that the teaching varies a lot from course to course. Most of the courses are taught really well, but a couple have left me wanting this year. Overall it's probably no worse than anywhere else.

The workload is honestly not that bad. They've changed the system this year so that we get one problem sheet per week per core course, each containing one assessed question. The tutorials are now in larger groups and again, there is one per week per core course.They're very much a work in progress though and your year will have some role to play in sculpting them to be more suitable.

What I will say is that potentially one of the most useful courses you'll ever do, vector calculus, is taught by an amazing lecturer and he actually somehow made it all very intuitive and, dare I say it, entertaining.

ReputationRep:
    schwartz <3

ReputationRep:
    Any Postgraduate offer holders here? I got an offer for MSc QFFF(Quantum Fields and Fundamental Forces). Will be taking it. I am an overseas student from India.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.