Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Since we will be moving to Middlesbrough in a few months, I was wondering what kind of stuff people like to do on a night out? Would be nice to bump into some of you while out

Personally I love clubbing, and will probably attend most of the DJ Society events next year, went to some this year and they were great . Also like Sumo on some Fridays for some Rock/Metal/Alternative music.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same I love a good night out clubbing but my roots are with rock. A friend of mine goes to sumo in Boro and it looks mental so think I'll give that a go. The crown has a rock night on a Thursday can't say much about it though as it was quiet when I was in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashmj92)
    I'm the same I love a good night out clubbing but my roots are with rock. A friend of mine goes to sumo in Boro and it looks mental so think I'll give that a go. The crown has a rock night on a Thursday can't say much about it though as it was quiet when I was in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sumo is great, I really enjoyed it the last few times I have been. Never been to rock night in the Crown, usually only in Boro on weekends, I usually go to the Crown on Fridays for the Nu Underground events though, they are usually really good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw30141624)
    Sumo is great, I really enjoyed it the last few times I have been. Never been to rock night in the Crown, usually only in Boro on weekends, I usually go to the Crown on Fridays for the Nu Underground events though, they are usually really good.
    I heard a place called Yoyo is good and a lot of students go to the student union for nights out so that be interesting. Probably see you around.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the SU usually has some good events on, it vairies widely too, from rock nights, to club nights, to silent disco, so there is bound to be something you enjoy comes up. Also the normal bar area is pretty cool and the drink is cheap. Never actually been to Yoyo though, I'll have a look next time. And yeah no doubt you will see me about, you're also doing Computing right? Probably be in a few lectures together too.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be hitting spensleys up at least once a month too for the headline honeys burlesque show, they did a spot in freshers week last year so hoping they do this year too. Onyx is meant to have a decent student night on a wednesday i think

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever been in Spenseleys once, and personally I loved it, but my friends have never went back since. I didn't know they did burlesque shows though, and I have never been to one either, I shall have to have a look along and experience it myself. Never been in Onyx, but I do like Koosday in Empires on Tuesday. Also, have been invited to quite a few raves, and they are always interesting haha.

ReputationRep:
    If you get chance in freshers go see them. I went with my friend in hr freshers and she said the queue was longer for it than prof green ahaha. I didnt even know there was a koos in middlesbrough i'll give that a go see what its like, none the same like newcastle mind

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'll try and go, but I doubt any of my friends would go and see it with me :P. Yeah it hasn't been open long, and to be honest I don't really like Newcastle for a night out, Middlesbrough seems to have a better vibe to it, not to mention cheaper.:P

ReputationRep:
    Its boobs who wouldnt want to see boobs? haha. See i love newcastle so when i chose teesside as my first choice for uni i shocked myself. Looking forward to sampling its finest and stumbling home parmo in hand ;D

ReputationRep:
    I worked in Newcastle for over a year, and I got sick of the place, and everyone asking if I was from Sunderland -_-. Oh yes I can't wait to try some of the best parmos either. I was reading a menu at my mates, and some places do chicken parmo pizza pie, and I'm just like I MUST try that some day! And you would have thought boobs would interest most people, but my friends seem immune to their effects, however, I am not, so I may end up going on my own :P

ReputationRep:
    Parmo pizza pie? Jesus Christ. My aim is to introduce parmos to as many people as possible in freshers haha. Well you're more than welcome to come sit with me to see boobs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know right? Sounds pretty amazing to me . That's a good idea, I'm gonna introduce the parmo to my housemate when I move in with him because he has never had them before, I should introduce them to some new people too, I'll ask around my class, it's something nobody should pass up trying :P. Awh thank you, I think I shall, we can enjoy the boobs together

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a total challege. There were a few girls on my college course that havent had one either so they'll be trying one plus anyone else i convince along the way haha

ReputationRep:
    Haha, make it a personal mission to introduce a parmo to as many people as possible, sounds really fun :P. I also know many people who have never tried the battered mars bar either. :P

ReputationRep:
    Was at koosdays at empire last night, really good night. £5/6 in depending if you get guest list or not. £2 large vodka and mixer, £1 shots, £1.50 jäger and bottles of fosters/becks/bud £2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Was at koosdays at empire last night, really good night. £5/6 in depending if you get guest list or not. £2 large vodka and mixer, £1 shots, £1.50 jäger and bottles of fosters/becks/bud £2

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad you had a good night, I really enjoy Koosdays as well, but I wasn't too sure on the price of drinks, I usually predrink, then don't drink much at all while I'm out. Many nights I've drank nothing but water while I was out.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I thought it might be pricey so I predrank but it really wasn't that expensive and ended up having drinks bought so cheap night haha it's definitely student based so I guess that's why. It's one to check out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What kind of music do they play on Koosday ? If you don't mind me asking.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy anywhere that the place doesn't turn the volume all the way up on their ****ty music. I hate not being able to hear people talk.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.