Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Is it OK or not, to get others to do your coursework and donkeywork by asking questions about a subject and keeping a thread going by feigning genuine interest and giving out false gratitudes?

If this has happened to you, how does it make you feel?

What do you think about the people who do this?

ReputationRep:
    How is having people discuss an issue getting them to do your homework?

Collecting information so that a person can write an assignment is just that ... I do not see a problem with it
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by TenOfThem)

Collecting information so that a person can write an assignment is just that ... I do not see a problem with it
    Discussing an issue is fine. However I'm talking about asking a series of questions deliberately disguised to lead others into giving you the answers for a coursework/homework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Discussing an issue is fine. However I'm talking about asking a series of questions deliberately disguised to lead others into giving you the answers for a coursework/homework.
    Well by and large the TSR community is very good at asking the OP questions to guide them through the question, rather than explaining it flat out, specifically to avoid this sort of thing.

At the end of the day it'll only hurt them anyway

ReputationRep:
    Why make so much effort just so you don't have to do it? Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of not doing your homework..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Posting a link to a site which explains something difficult well?
    Iirc you work in education so you're probably quite attuned to detecting when a slacker is trying to get spoonfed. The op seems to be asking how to know how much help to give.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Oh I see

On Maths we have a rule that says we should not give out full solutions

I guess that is harder on arts/humanities fora

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.