Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2013 Chinese Grand Prix Thread Watch

ReputationRep:

Friday 12th April

FP1 03:00 - 04:30 (repeats: BBC2 11:55 - Sky F1 15:30/23:15)
    FP2 07:00 - 08:30 (repeats: BBC2 13:35 - Sky F1 17:45/Sat 13th 01:30)

Saturday 13th April

FP3 04:00 - 05:00
    Qualifying 07:00 (repeats: BBC One 13:00 - Sky F1 12:30/18:30/22:00)

Sunday 14th April

Race 08:00 (repeats: BBC One 14:20 - Sky F1 13:00)

*TV times will be updated as and when they're available

Enjoy
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Finally a race live on the BBC! FP2 is perfectly timed to watch it before heading out to college .

ReputationRep:
    So this is what Kimi has been up to lately...

Surprised Lotus are allowing him to do this (if they are), one bad airborne moment and he'd be out injured for months.

Still, that's why he is the badass Kimster, the adrenaline junkie speed demon :cool:

ReputationRep:
    should be an interesting race, hard to predict this season so far, Red Bull have the best pace over one lap for sure, but race distance, Mercedes were just behind them in Malaysia and Lotus beat them in Australia, plus you have to expect Ferrari to be in the mix.

interesting to see if McLaren have got their car sorted out now as well

ReputationRep:
    Rush trailer out

ReputationRep:
    Will be recording it all as usual. Damned nightshift Still, at least it isn't highlights

I don't know what to make of the Rush trailer. Parts look great, other bits far too Hollywood and CGI for my liking. I fear it will be a bad version of Days Of Thunder.

EDIT: Porsche have confirmed they are interested in Webber for their 2014 le mans entry. http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/po...om+%3A+News%29

ReputationRep:
    Will be away at Silverstone watching the WEC, so unless the phone signal holds up, I'm going to miss everything apart from FP1. First time I'll have missed a race since Turkey 2010
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    He'll do what he wants, he'll do what he wants Kimi Rakkionen, he'll do what he wants

China the scene of Michael Schumacher's final ever F1 win.

ReputationRep:
    No rain in the race weekend forecast for a change!

ReputationRep:
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    So this is what Kimi has been up to lately...

pics

Surprised Lotus are allowing him to do this (if they are), one bad airborne moment and he'd be out injured for months.

Still, that's why he is the badass Kimster, the adrenaline junkie speed demon :cool:
    Nice pics! Where did you get them from?

(Original post by dhr90)
    :ahee:

Lmfao, i saw that on twitter earlier as well.

ReputationRep:
    So excited for this race.

ReputationRep:
    Red Bull have signed an audio partnership with Sennheiser http://www.yallaf1.com/2013/04/10/se...-race-parties/

Looks like Vettel won't be able to "not hear" Horner's orders anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Nice pics! Where did you get them from?
    http://ice1racing.tumblr.com/

ReputationRep:
    That's so awesome!

In his sign up for Lotus he must have had a "I can do whatever i want whenever i want" Clause.

Which i'm surprised they signed considering how Kubica hurt himself.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106621

New Active suspension .

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/189681/...r_winning.html

Also, vettel is being annoying about disobeying team orders still...

ReputationRep:
    That's so awesome!

In his sign up for Lotus he must have had a "I can do whatever i want whenever i want" Clause.

Which i'm surprised they signed considering how Kubica hurt himself.
    Exactly! The Kubica story is just so tragic, he's such a fantastic talent and suddenly we're pondering if he'll ever be in a F1 car again.

Really makes you think how risky these other activities are for a F1 driver to do. After Lotus signed him Kimi came to the factory with a cast on having injured his wrist/forearm from a snowmobile accident.

Even Webber broke his legs doing something as simple as cycling. I think at some time in the future F1 teams will have to bring in massive insurance policies for their drivers like they have in other sports.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.crash.net/f1/news/189681/...r_winning.html

Also, vettel is being annoying about disobeying team orders still...
    Man this guy is just so annoying it's unreal. It's hard to believe I used to be a big fan of his only 4-5 years ago, like seriously he used to be my 3rd favourite driver.

Now I just want to turn off the TV every time he comes on. That phony nice-guy act with that cheeky prankster smile like he's some sort of lovable fella.

Amazing qualifier though, putting aside it's Vettel I love watching his on-board Q3 laps. Gets on the power so early mid-corner. He's smooth now with the pirelli tyres but in 2010 with the bridgestones he used to be so violent and ragged with the car yet brought out amazing lap times.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Ma Qing Hua is going to be in the Caterham for Free Practise. Testers getting seat time in FP at the expense of race drivers is not rare, however, Hua is not a talented driver by any stretch of imagination. They're calling in the pay drivers already. You have to wonder if Caterham are ever so slightly broke. Tony Fernandes has pissed away all his money trying to give QPR a lifeline and I'm not sure he can sustain ploughing money into Caterham's budget artificially anymore.

The car has almost zero sponsorship that is money that goes back to the F1 team. McGregor, a sponsor van der Garde brought to the team, is the only one I can find. The rest can be attributed to business deals to reduce costs on his airline (AirAsia component supply discount in exchange for F1 sponsorship), which include; Airbus, General Electric, EADS, Safran. The only other logos anywhere on the car are; Dell & Intel (supplier), EQ8 (supplier), HPE Performance (supplier), Queens Park Rangers (Fernandes' plaything).

So it would appear he's funding Caterham by using AirAsia. This clearly isn't going to work forever, Vijay Mallya had to admit defeat and bring in Sahara to stabilise Force India. Hence the Caterham/Marussia merger talks. I think if Caterham do not find a major backer at some point this season, they won't be back for 2014. Certainly, the last team that had to resort to running a Chinese pay driver whose only experience in motorsport was their domestic touring car championship did not fare too well aftewards...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.