Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I stayed at uni over Easter to get more work done but I'm really having problems getting motivated. I just can't think of anything to break up the work which means I'm not getting any done!

I used to reward myself by chilling with friends, in front of the tv, or having a nice sweet snack in between a few hours work. But I'm really trying to lose weight and save money so I can't eat unhealthily, and none of my friends are still here at uni. And watching tv is getting so boring!

Does anyone have any tips? I feel like I'm going crazy here by myself, its not just that I'm not getting revision done, its also that I'm so bored and I just get really angry/upset when I have nothing to do.

Anything would be really appreciated... how does everyone else motivate themselves/what do you find rewarding doing in your free time?

ReputationRep:
    I motivate myself with sweets so if i get to word count 'x' I'll have a haribo.

Maybe you for a walk for 30 minutes, do your laundry and get some food in as i usually work best after I've done things. If i've spent the day doing work I usually go for a run around sunset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1993)
    I stayed at uni over Easter to get more work done but I'm really having problems getting motivated. I just can't think of anything to break up the work which means I'm not getting any done!

I used to reward myself by chilling with friends, in front of the tv, or having a nice sweet snack in between a few hours work. But I'm really trying to lose weight and save money so I can't eat unhealthily, and none of my friends are still here at uni. And watching tv is getting so boring!

Does anyone have any tips? I feel like I'm going crazy here by myself, its not just that I'm not getting revision done, its also that I'm so bored and I just get really angry/upset when I have nothing to do.

Anything would be really appreciated... how does everyone else motivate themselves/what do you find rewarding doing in your free time?
    I have the same problem as you my friend, except I'm doing the A2's this summer, I just force myself to work, open a book and start reading it, if the voice inside your head tells you to check your phone or facebook or whatever, just shut it out and keep working.

Sorry it's not very good advice but that's what I do

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.