Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm preparing for my real TOK presentation now.
    My topic is about cosmetic surgery, and i have a news article to base it upon. (haven't come up with title yet)

I came up with two knowledge issues, although I don't know if I only need one...the reason i'm asking here is because my teacher is scary as hell, she's my SHOH as well...

My knowledge issues:
    How do we define beauty

and/or - How do we decide the significant changes made to our body is justified

After deciding on the knowledge issue (my teacher approved both), what do i do now?? Am i supposed to answer these questions?
    Do I explore the WOK under these knowledge issues?? E.g. explore language, emotion, and perception. If I am supposed to explore the WOK under the knowledge issue how many should I explore?

What do I do with AOK? How am I supposed to talk about it? I get that the AOK are like the different subject areas, but so what? I dont get whats the point of it.

Am i also supposed to argue for one side of this issue??

help!!

ReputationRep:
    the most relevant AOK wold probably be ethics, which you must show an understanding of in the presentation with relation to your ethical issue. Try and build an argument like you would in an essay, considering the several different view points, and how these can occur by using different WOK, eg sense perception may see beauty in a different way from emotion if you get what I mean. Then after considering the different types of view come to your own conclusion. You also need to make sure the issues are linked to you in some way, both by examples and your opinion. You only need one knowledge issue but really nee to go into detail with it. Hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.