Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to move on?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my ex broke up with me a few months ago after 2.5 years. She went to uni and to be honest I think she felt held back by having a boyfriend because none of her friends had one. She ended it over the phone during my exams which was brutal and then cut me out of her life completely which was and still is incredibly painful. She was my first love. I've been doing okay but relapsing every now and then. Today I went on one of her friends Facebook's and saw her wearing this kind of slutty top which I'd never seen her wear before and it upset me to be honest. Is this unnatural? I want to move on but it's so hard!!! Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    What you describe is not good. You need NEW LOVE, it is the only cure..

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Zarek;42121069]What you describe is not good. You need NEW LOVE, it is the only cure..[/QUOTE

Yeah i guess but the problem is that there are no girls I'm interested in and I've got to focus for my A2 exams in a couple of months

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=MrBean1994;42121237]
    (Original post by Zarek)
    What you describe is not good. You need NEW LOVE, it is the only cure..[/QUOTE

Yeah i guess but the problem is that there are no girls I'm interested in and I've got to focus for my A2 exams in a couple of months
    C'est la vie. But the time comes..

ReputationRep:
    1. Cut her out (NO CONTACT)
    2. Get busy
    3. Time heals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You need to busy yourself while you feel so bad.
    Also, try and meet new people or start doing a new sport you need to make a small change to your life so that it doesn't feel as though its missing her anymore as it is totally different.
    For me I changed my wardrobe and met new people.
    You need to try having casual, fun relationships too, they help you move on.

ReputationRep:
    You broke up with her, and she found a way to move on.

Get out there, socialize, start having fun again. No one person is the be-all and end-all of happiness in your life.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep busy and try and look for someone else.

Completely natural to be upset by her wearing a slutty top though, don't worry about it. If she cut you out, cut her out too. Completely. You can't move on if you are being constantly reminded of her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    You broke up with her, and she found a way to move on.

Get out there, socialize, start having fun again. No one person is the be-all and end-all of happiness in your life.
    She broke up with me unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBean1994)
    She broke up with me unfortunately.
    Oh pedantic...

My advice stands. Get out there, socialize, have fun. Time heals.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.