Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would your ideal round the world trip consist of? watch

ReputationRep:
    Here's mine:

-Flight to Bangkok,
    -overland through Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Burma, Yunnan in China, Tibet, Nepal, India
    -Flight to the Japan, then South Korea
    -flight to the Philippines
    -ferry to Indonesia
    -boat around various South Sea islands
    -Fiji
    -flight to Australia
    -flight to New Zealand
    -flight to Hawaii
    -flight to Mexico
    -overland to Guatemala, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru (with weekend in Easter island), Bolivia, Chile, Southern Argentina.
    -Flight to Venezuela
    -ferry to various Caribbean islands including Jamaica, St Lucia and St Vincent.
    -Flight to LA. West Coast up to Canada.
    -Overland East coast to New York
    -flight home.

Would be happy to do the opposite direction too!
    Not sure how much that would cost...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to use Santiago as my starting point cause it's my hometown and it's where I'm currently at.

- Overland down to the bottom of Chile (it's apparently beautiful) and then east on to Argentina (big cities), Uruguay and Southern Brazil (parties and beaches).

-Fly back to Santiago and make my way north overland into Bolivia (must visit the Uyuni salt flats before I die!) and then Southern Peru and next I'd fly out to Colombia (don't know why, just reaaaally want to go!) and then I'd make my way overland through Central America and finally on to Mexico City where I'd catch a plane to New York.

-Fly from New York to Ireland, make my way down south through the UK and proceed to roam my way through Europe all the way to the Middle East (that would be the second leg of my trip)

-I'd then fly to India, from where I'd start the third leg of my trip, which would basically just consist of a smelly and unshaven me aimlessly wandering through South East Asia and finally reaching China.

I think at that point, homesickness combined with a massive urge to shave, shower and get a job will ultimately make me go home, wherever that is.

Travelling round (on a shoestring) is something I deffo see myself doing, probably won't go on trips as long or idyllic as this one though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    Here's mine:

-Flight to Bangkok,
    -overland through Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Burma, Yunnan in China, Tibet, Nepal, India
    -Flight to the Japan, then South Korea
    -flight to the Philippines
    -ferry to Indonesia
    -boat around various South Sea islands
    -Fiji
    -flight to Australia
    -flight to New Zealand
    -flight to Hawaii
    -flight to Mexico
    -overland to Guatemala, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru (with weekend in Easter island), Bolivia, Chile, Southern Argentina.
    -Flight to Venezuela
    -ferry to various Caribbean islands including Jamaica, St Lucia and St Vincent.
    -Flight to LA. West Coast up to Canada.
    -Overland East coast to New York
    -flight home.

Would be happy to do the opposite direction too!
    Not sure how much that would cost...
    Interesting that you've missed out Europe, any reason why, I think there's loads to do and stuff I wouldn't want to miss out on in Europe. I like your plan though, especially the Central/South America part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Interesting that you've missed out Europe, any reason why, I think there's loads to do and stuff I wouldn't want to miss out on in Europe. I like your plan though, especially the Central/South America part.
    I have seen most of Europe as my parents took me travelling when I was younger. I haven't seen a few Eastern countries like Hungary and Russia though-plan to visit them this summer!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.