Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Okay so im a photography student and ive completely messed up my first year. I fell pregnant and decided to stay on and ive just had such a rubbish time with my pregnancy and other things like having to move etc etc and ive really messed up the course people are happy for me to stay on and continue but i feel like ive messed it up and that. I am behind with modules and that. I think I want to redo my first year do unis let you do this ? and what can I get finance wise x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esayce)
    Hello,

Okay so im a photography student and ive completely messed up my first year. I fell pregnant and decided to stay on and ive just had such a rubbish time with my pregnancy and other things like having to move etc etc and ive really messed up the course people are happy for me to stay on and continue but i feel like ive messed it up and that. I am behind with modules and that. I think I want to redo my first year do unis let you do this ? and what can I get finance wise x
    If you submit all coursework and sit all exams I don't think you can re-do the year. You can only re-do the year if you fail the majority of the modules. Speak to your tutor and see if you can leave, and go back in September to re-start.

With finance, if this is your first year of any degree you'll get funding for the repeat. But after that you'll only get funding for the rest of your course - no extra years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    If you submit all coursework and sit all exams I don't think you can re-do the year. You can only re-do the year if you fail the majority of the modules. Speak to your tutor and see if you can leave, and go back in September to re-start.

With finance, if this is your first year of any degree you'll get funding for the repeat. But after that you'll only get funding for the rest of your course - no extra years.

Ive only submitted a few essays and we dont have exams, as for coursework they put me on mittigating circumstances, the course is only an fda but they are turning it into a ba as they are just finishing writing the last year does that mean I cant do the ba if i redo this year ? x

ReputationRep:
    You will get funding for the FDA, + the top up on the BA + 1 extra year.

If you re-do the year, you'll be using your +1 year.

Did you submit mitigating circumstances, or did they just say they're putting you forward for them? As you have to apply for them yourself. It will help with coursework and it'll bump your grades up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Ive submitted all the forms with my maternity and sick notes plus due dates and things, x

ReputationRep:
    One of the main reasons i want to redo is there are ten of us in our class and my photography got pulled down by a few of them saying i blame everything on my pregnancy asn that I cant because there was another pregnant girl in our class and she was just fine but different people have different pregnancys.

So feel bullied :/ which is bad seeing as these people are 18+ so id rather not be with em for the next 2 years aswell x

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.