Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HI all,
    Just thought I would share a few points that I have found out recently in regard to sitting A-levels for graduate medicine. Southampton have updated their entry requirements for the BM4 course. They now require a C in chemistry A-level or C in AS Chemistry and Biology/human biology, this has been updated from needing a Pass in AS Chem and Bio. Having a grade D in AS chem from 7 years ago I recently took AS biology, now with the new requirements I have to take AS chem as well and pay the late examination fees that my local college charge! Hope this helps anyone who doesn’t realise that they are in the same situation as me and may need to take extra exams for the ’14 application. Speaking to the admission people last year when planning which A-levels to sit they said they had no problem with the gap between the two grades I was planning on using.

After speaking to Leicester admissions they do not count A-levels taken after you originally take them (at school) towards your application score (1-5) for that section. But they did say that itmay count towards gaining an extra point in showing ambition to study medicine(think that’s in the section scored 1-10).

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SHenry)
    HI all,
    Just thought I would share a few points that I have found out recently in regard to sitting A-levels for graduate medicine. Southampton have updated their entry requirements for the BM4 course. They now require a C in chemistry A-level or C in AS Chemistry and Biology/human biology, this has been updated from needing a Pass in AS Chem and Bio. Having a grade D in AS chem from 7 years ago I recently took AS biology, now with the new requirements I have to take AS chem as well and pay the late examination fees that my local college charge! Hope this helps anyone who doesn’t realise that they are in the same situation as me and may need to take extra exams for the ’14 application. Speaking to the admission people last year when planning which A-levels to sit they said they had no problem with the gap between the two grades I was planning on using.

After speaking to Leicester admissions they do not count A-levels taken after you originally take them (at school) towards your application score (1-5) for that section. But they did say that itmay count towards gaining an extra point in showing ambition to study medicine(think that’s in the section scored 1-10).

Thank you, I've updated Southampton's entry in the wiki article

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.