Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bragging, jealous friends making me stressed Watch

Hi, can someone please help? I don't know what to do. I am not a very outgoing person, I'm pretty much an introvert and I dont have a many friends, except these two. Before in school, I used to not get very good grades, not because of my ability, but because of personal issues. They always got higher grades than me and it didnt bother me at all. Now however, Im the one who's getting the better grades and everythings changed. The two girls are very competitive, unlike me, who is the complete opposite, and they seem to act bitter towards me for my achievement, kind of ganging up together, not involving me in conversations or activities and just show me that they're having a brilliant time without me by posting photos of their time together on Facebook writing statues and just being immature. I know the reason they are doing this is because I am getting better grades, as one of the girls before said "im annoyed because you always used to do bad and now youre doing better than me so it makes me look bad". They dont talk to me very nicely in school and its either their way, or no way. Whenever they ask me what Im up to on facebook, they always respond by telling me how much revision they're doing at that moment, how many words they have done, how many pages, how much of their coursework theyve completed and how theyre doing so well. Its like theyre trying to tell me "Im going to do better than you now" and I hate it! Its bringing out a horrible competitive side of me and I dont like it as this side of me is forced, it doesnt come naturally. Its putting so much pressure on me not to slip or get lower grades because I know they will then see me as thick again, think theyre better than me and think theyve "won". Its so stupid I KNOW, but its got that bad that I now dread seeing them as they make me so annoyed and even though I really want to drop an A level at the end of this year so that Im only doing three, I feel I cant or else they will look down on me.
    As well as this, one of the girls whose family has more money than mine, constantly brags about what shes got and tries to show off all the time. I know its to try and make me jealous, even though it doesnt as her tastes are different to mine, but it hurts. I just cant stand this any more. What do I do?

Im fed up of this pathetic competing!

ReputationRep:
    Wow they are immature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What do I do?
    Block them on Facebook and ignore them at school

Focus on your studies and continue to do well

ReputationRep:
    I think really all you can do is your best. Do your best and in the end if you get into either college or university that's just what happens. You dont live to please them or to be better/worse than them, in the end you probably won't remain friends with them anyway, you'll go down different routes. So really just do your best and do it for yourself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.