Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding this:

- What are some tips and hints for coping with time and a feasible study/working schedule.

- Is there free time/ time to have a social life?

- What is the general structure of a Arts & Humanities part-time course, specifically history in terms of contact hours, seminars and conferences.

- How many hours does my employer need to allow me generally to take for classes.

I currently work full-time for Swansea University and have been accepted for a Masters for 13/14 at the said school. It seems that they might keep me on for next academic year and I have discussed with my manager about my MA course and working. The general idea is that I would be allowed to attend classes (presuming its 2-5 hours a week) between working hours with the prospect of me making up the workings in other ways.

Financially it would be ideal to be on full time pay while studying, making rent/bills a non-factor while at University. Any advice will be much appreciated.

What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.