Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.

I'll be applying for dentistry for 2014 entry, and am currently looking for work experience. I have been observing (shadowing) a dentist weekly since February. However I don't know whether this is classed as 'work experience'?
    I was also wondering whether there are any forms that myself and the dentists have to fill out?

Could anyone who is in the same boat as me, or has already secured their placement share some words of wisdom ahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "observing a dentist"? As in you're shadowing a dentist? Then yes that class as work experience. However if you're standing outside a dentist practition and staring at the passerbys, that's a different story xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)
    "observing a dentist"? As in you're shadowing a dentist? Then yes that class as work experience. However if you're standing outside a dentist practition and staring at the passerbys, that's a different story xD
    :lolwut: I think it would be...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what I meant! Although standing outside the dentist is one of my hobbies hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Made me laugh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.