Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have to make up my mind this week, but I am still hesitant about making a decision. I would be grateful if You could help me to decide where to study: either at Lancaster or Exeter. The both Universities have their pro's and con's, but the most important factors are the quality of studies of business management and the University's reputation worldwide.

I particularly like Exeter as it has modern sports facilities and the University itself is quite modern. Lancaster is better ranked worldwide and it's management school nominated as the best school in UK in 2012. So I am quite confused

I am looking forward to Your answers

ReputationRep:
    I have the same dilemma , but I have chosen lancaster over Lboro and Exeter.

Lancaster is triple accredited, making it only one of the roughly 60 business schools worldwide to have this.Accreditation is important because it means lancaster has been externally assessed by multiple reputable organisations.This gives it respect by employers and the ability to attract the top lecturers.

Really strong for masters and PHDs , due to its 6* research rating it has which makes it only 1 of the 2 universities in the UK which have this , this would in my opinion filter down to undergraduates in their studies.This is important because this can help attract funding from the government as they favour unis that carry out a lot of research.

Always high in the tables , top 10 for business due to its employability as well. For example , on student stats the BBA in Management course has a 100 % employment rate.

Lots of their courses include 1 year work placement

Has an award winning careers team

Collegiate system - Lots of support!!

My choice was influenced by other things which were related to the specific courses I chose, so I might as well not include that as it wouldn't be relevant for you lot , so it can also depend specifically on the differences within the courses you chose at Exeter and at Lancs.

The negative side of Lancs in comparison to Exeter is that Exeter's campus is much better and modern , especially the business school which was built from scratch a couple years ago. Although that did influence me to nearly choose Exeter over Lancs also because of its geographical location and social life , I thought that I would of got used to all of that had I gone Exeter , and wherever there are students you find fun anyway , so I thought might as well go for Lancs.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for your answer. You really helped me to make a decision. Now I am quite confident about choosing Lancaster as my firm choice since I have read a great number of positive feedbacks from students

By the way, I have offer from Warwick as well.

Have you already booked your room ?

(Original post by mcalogiuri1)
    I have the same dilemma , but I have chosen lancaster over Lboro and Exeter.

Lancaster is triple accredited, making it only one of the roughly 60 business schools worldwide to have this.Accreditation is important because it means lancaster has been externally assessed by multiple reputable organisations.This gives it respect by employers and the ability to attract the top lecturers.

Really strong for masters and PHDs , due to its 6* research rating it has which makes it only 1 of the 2 universities in the UK which have this , this would in my opinion filter down to undergraduates in their studies.This is important because this can help attract funding from the government as they favour unis that carry out a lot of research.

Always high in the tables , top 10 for business due to its employability as well. For example , on student stats the BBA in Management course has a 100 % employment rate.

Lots of their courses include 1 year work placement

Has an award winning careers team

Collegiate system - Lots of support!!

My choice was influenced by other things which were related to the specific courses I chose, so I might as well not include that as it wouldn't be relevant for you lot , so it can also depend specifically on the differences within the courses you chose at Exeter and at Lancs.

The negative side of Lancs in comparison to Exeter is that Exeter's campus is much better and modern , especially the business school which was built from scratch a couple years ago. Although that did influence me to nearly choose Exeter over Lancs also because of its geographical location and social life , I thought that I would of got used to all of that had I gone Exeter , and wherever there are students you find fun anyway , so I thought might as well go for Lancs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.