Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am currently repeating my final year in History. I suffer from depression and anxiety and no year has been perfect and I have missed some assessments, but this year has been particularly bad. Whenever I have sat down to write something I have given up after two or three hours as, despite doing all of the research required, trying to get my thoughts down in a coherent manner is impossible for me. Although my counsellor at university says I am making great progress, I just don't feel that's the case. Usually I leave things late as it helps my mind think clearly if there's the pressure of time, and in two or three days of solid work I've produced a number of first-quality essay. But this year I have felt unable to produce any amount of work and have missed all of my deadlines, and the lack of progress with my dissertation has severely impacted everthing else.

In the summer I will have four pieces of coursework over three modules to submit as well as my dissertation, as I feel completely incapable of getting anything of note in before the deadline. My question is will I be allowed to take all of my assessments for a third time with or without a grade cap?

I am really embarrassed about this as I have already been at university for five years, six if I repeat the year for a third time. I've been lying to my friends and have put off seeing them for a year out of fear of ridicule, and I am strongly thinking about dropping out altogether.

I absolutely love my subject and would love to progress to a Ph.D eventually - but at this rate I feel I am just incapable of doing this because of my problems. The worst part is I can identify them but cannot stop them.

I'm sorry for the long post, and any help is greatly appreciated.

Yours worryingly,
    Sarah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.