Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anybody studied Arabic at westminster?

I have my heart set on studying Arabic (I have always loved the middle east and have a genuine interest in the area/culture/politics/history) and would love to study in London but as my grades are low (BCC, the same as the entry requirements stated on the website) Westminster is the only Arabic course in the UK I have a hope of getting a place on. There are four variations on the Arabic course: Arabic and international relations, Arabic and linguistics, Arabic and english lit and Arabic and english lang. Would it be ok to use all four of these courses of 4 of 5 my uni applications (sorry for the terrible wording of this post, i'm tired!)?

I've read a lot about the Middle East, have a deep interest in women's rights and human rights issues, and politics. On my personal statement I plan to mention the books I have read about the middle east, my deep interest in the area and some of the things i've done (such as joining the Palestinain solidarity campaign and this summer I will be attending the Shubbak-Arab culture- festival in London).

For my a-levels i'm currently studying Law, History, Politics and English lit (english lit is not going well due to teachers and missing lessons due to counselling appointments, will drop it at the end of this year). Do I have a chance of getting on the course?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.