Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if any one is currently studying or has studied forensic psychology at degree level? I know the course is available few and far between but it would be really helpful to get a students view on it. Ive applied and firmed my choice at teesside and cant wait, open and applicant days made my choice easy but tutors and things have to big it up and make it amazing just wondered what students thought about it

ReputationRep:
    I'm not, however I did a Forensic Psychology module in my final year. I also applied and was offered a place for an MSc Forensic Psychology, but have (slightly reluctantly) declined it, although I know I would have absolutely loved it.

It was one of the few modules that I genuinely loved at undergraduate level though - and one of the few topics where I actually found my essay interesting to write, which is always nice! There are some really interesting topics involved, I would have loved to do further research into some aspects of it. But you should certainly find it an interesting degree.

Are you planning on doing the further training to become a Chartered Forensic Psychologist after your degree? Is there anything you're particularly looking forward to studying?

ReputationRep:
    Ah im so glad. Its been really hard to find people that have studied it. Yea i am planning on the masters in it too which i was just initially going to do after a psychology degree but i found it so interesting and teesside are one of few who offer it as a degree so i thought i may as well do it at degree level. Thanks for the info

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.