The Student Room Group

GCSE WJEC Media studies Unit 1 exam: TV & web based drama revision

I'm really not sure on how to revise for this exam, I can't find any useful resources online or anything on the WJEC specification. Help please!:confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jessica084
I'm really not sure on how to revise for this exam, I can't find any useful resources online or anything on the WJEC specification. Help please!:confused:

Oh hey I am going to do this exam as well. Have you found any resources yet?
Reply 2
I'm having the same problem. Web based dramas just aren't well known enough to do an exam on. I don't understand fully what the exam is about. What does it involve?
Reply 3
Original post by __Student__
Oh hey I am going to do this exam as well. Have you found any resources yet?

Not online I can't find anything useful, there isn't any useful information in the specification either. The only thing I've got is a revision guide our teacher gave us:/
Reply 4
Original post by laura0
I'm having the same problem. Web based dramas just aren't well known enough to do an exam on. I don't understand fully what the exam is about. What does it involve?

Section A- 40 marks (TV drama) you get shown a clip then have questions on it but you could get questions on other dramas you have studied.

Section B- 10 marks (Web-based drama) will 'test your understanding of web-based dramas in general'. You are assessed on planning, ideas and understanding of convergence. They might ask us to make a web-based drama and design a website for it and explain out choices ect.

I just got this info from the revision guides my teacher gave me as there are no past papers to look at for this topic.
Reply 5
Original post by laura0

I've just found some 'suggested websites' in the revision guide:

TV drama:
www.mediawebsource.com
www.mediawatchuk.org.uk
www.creativeskillset.org/tv/industry
www.guardian.co.uk/media/television
www.mediaknowall.com
www.britishtelevisiondrama.org.uk
www.barb.co.uk
www.culture.gov.uk
www.ofcom.org.uk
www.bbc.co.uk
www.itv.com
www.channel4.com
www.channel5.com

Web-based drama:
www.mediaknowall.com
www.mediaedu.co.uk
http://orangejuiceinbishopsgarden.com/
http://www.bebo.com/katemodern
http://www.anyonebutmeseries.com/
www.guardian.co.uk/media

but I don't think any of these are revision websites.
Reply 6
Section A- 40 marks (TV drama) you get shown a clip then have questions on it but you could get questions on other dramas you have studied.

Section B- 10 marks (Web-based drama) will 'test your understanding of web-based dramas in general'. You are assessed on planning, ideas and understanding of convergence. They might ask us to make a web-based drama and design a website for it and explain out choices ect.

I just got this info from the revision guides my teacher gave me as there are no past papers to look at for this topic.

If you are talking about WJEC then that is incorrect, it is out of 100 in total
Reply 7
Not online I can't find anything useful, there isn't any useful information in the specification either. The only thing I've got is a revision guide our teacher gave us:/

Is there a possibility of you scanning the revision guide to a word document then uploading it?
Reply 8
If you are talking about WJEC then that is incorrect, it is out of 100 in total

I probably have, the revision guide says WJEC. Is that the UMS or the raw total mark?
Reply 9
Is there a possibility of you scanning the revision guide to a word document then uploading it?

I haven't got a scanner, sorry:/
I haven't got a scanner, sorry:/

Could you do it at school for me :colondollar:
Reply 11
Could you do it at school for me :colondollar:

^^
Media Studies Section A 4 questions worth 10 ,10, 10, 10 marks each
Section B worth 4, 10 ,10, 10,10,10, 6 each
I probably have, the revision guide says WJEC. Is that the UMS or the raw total mark?

Oh sorry I was wrong raw mark is out of 80. Do you have any revision stuff that you could upload?
I'm so screwed for this, our teachers never finished teaching the course cause we got so far behind and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do...
Reply 15
Original post by DestinySky
I'm so screwed for this, our teachers never finished teaching the course cause we got so far behind and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do...

[SCROLL]YOLO[/SCROLL]
Reply 16
Hi I'm also doing this exam from the looks of things. And this is the best revision guide thing I could find. It's a PDF file. I've also been watching TV dramas of varying genre, which my teacher recommended we do. Has anyone else found any good revision resources?
Hey guys,
i`m doing the same exam on thursday too :/ i`ve only revised key words and theories, there is literally nothing on the website at all and you have to buy the mark schemes and i hate how the topics always change each year tv drama and web based drama are the hardest aswell, have you got any other revision tips? :smile:
Reply 18
To prepare for the second half of the exam, we have been told to create plans for a trailer, opening sequence and a website of our own WBD. Is there anything else we could be asked to design?
Reply 19
Any resources guys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending