Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girl says she doesnt like me for no reason? watch

Announcements

I told this girl that I really like her and would lie to be with her and she said that she hasnt ever felt that she liked me and when I asked if it was my looks because she is quite abit better looking than me she said no. So I asked what it was then and she responded with "I honestly don't know"
    Is she just lying to not hurt my feelings?

ReputationRep:
    Not even worthy of the Friendzone.

Burn!

ReputationRep:
    Quite possibly. Would you tell a girl it was because her arse was too fat, or because she was boring? I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm perhaps, I personally would say I don't know rather than the truth if it is hurtful.

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't find you attractive but won't tell you because she thinks it'll hurt your feelings.

Yeah but even her friends have told me that it isnt because of my looks when they have asked her for me, because I am quite close to her friends

ReputationRep:
    You asked her friends to ask her if she had a thing for you? That's not cool, man. Maybe that's the reason...

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by QuantumSuicide)
    You asked her friends to ask her if she had a thing for you? That's not cool, man. Maybe that's the reason...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No after she said to me there was no reason, I asked if she gave them a reason as to why and her friends said there wasnt one

ReputationRep:
    Being attractive doesn't automatically mean that a girl will fall for you. You're just not what she's looking for.

(Original post by Another)
    Being attractive doesn't automatically mean that a girl will fall for you. You're just not what she's looking for.
    But she has came onto me before though and it really messed with my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She probably just enjoyed the attention you were giving her... a quick source of intimacy with no emotional feelings attatched?

Or maybe she acts the same way with all her male friends, and you were one of the few who actually played along with it.

In fact, there are such a wide range of reasons why this could happen, and the bottom line in all of them is that she has no emotional attacthment towards you. I wouldn't worry so much about it if I were you.

...If you're really looking for a reason as to why she doesn't like you, it's probably due to something you're lacking, or don't have, rather than something that's wrong about you that exists already. But don't worry, the right girl will come along.

Okay the thing is she is always with me and my friends and we always go out together etc and I told her I dont think she can hang around with us anymore because of the situation, am I being petty or do you think my decision is justified?

ReputationRep:
    Look.... Sometimes people don't know. I believe people either have or don't have chemistry; a certain rush of endorphins and hormones when you meet someone you 'like'. Demanding a reason is a little harsh when she may just not have those feelings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does the reason really matter if she's not interested in you?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps there is no specific reason?

ReputationRep:
    Okay the thing is she is always with me and my friends and we always go out together etc and I told her I dont think she can hang around with us anymore because of the situation, am I being petty or do you think my decision is justified?
    So you don't want her to hang around her own friends, because she's not into you?

I know how you feel. I've been in a similar situation in the past - only I told her that I loved her, she said "I feel the same, but I feel I can't say it in those words yet". After a long time being close and her being slightly flirty, I meet her one day where she discusses her past and says I won't feel the same if I knew of her past. I said that I loved her either way and that the past didn't bother me.
    Then she randomly broke up over text the next day, without even having a reason. She even had the nerve to say "would it be better if I lead you on?", and I was like 'what else have you been doing all this time?'.

anyways...it happens, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you are being petty, you need to move on. Rejection is ****e but it happens to everyone, you're the one who made it awkward, so she should have to leave the group?

Just accept she doesn't find you attractive enough. Maybe it's your looks, maybe it's your personality. Maybe you aren't confident enough. It doesn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    I told this girl that I really like her and would lie to be with her and she said that she hasnt ever felt that she liked me and when I asked if it was my looks because she is quite abit better looking than me she said no. So I asked what it was then and she responded with "I honestly don't know"
    Is she just lying to not hurt my feelings?
    There might not be any particular reason; my two friends hate each other for absolutely no reason.It's just the way some people are. I suggest that you try to forget about her and just see who comes your way naturally (if that makes sense)
    good luck with your situation

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.